Menu
Al_Mac
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How on earth do you actually get to speak to someone in complaints?

Okay, I have been struggling with broadband issues since the inception of the contract last September after 20yrs of fault free provision from BT. I have had several engineer visits, 25+hrs on the phone and I still don't have reliable broadband.

However, what makes this worse is the way Virgin seem to deal with complaints. The first I raised was in November, and this was closed a couple of weeks ago with the response 'thanks for the chat today, following our discussion I am now closing your complaint', despite never speaking to anyone from VM complaints. This isn't the only example of complaints being closed without resolution. I then spoke to someone last week who said they would raise it with their manager and get it escalated. Later that evening I received an email saying the complaint had been closed and the reason as 'Customer educated'. I am absolutely gobsmacked at the way this company tries to brush off customer issues and complaints. Earlier today I called the retentions team to discuss ending the contract as they were unable to supply the required and expected level of service. He advised he couldn't do this, initially because the complaints had been resolved, and then because there was still an open complaint. What is this? Schroedinger's complaint?! He then said he was going to read through previous notes, and promptly cut me off. Typical Virgin response it seems.

So, what options are there for speaking to a human who actually has the responsibility to resolve things, and an ounce of desire to actually treat customers properly? I am at the point of raising a dispute with CISAS because while I would dearly love to just cancel the direct debit and go back to BT I suspect their collections department will probably be significantly better than either their tech or complaints teams.

0 Kudos
Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How on earth do you actually get to speak to someone in complaints?

Have you tried dancing in the moonlight whilst saying the alphabet in reverse, rubbing your belly whilst patting your head?

It works for me as I needed to phone home from my padded room.

Seriously,  you've just got to be patient as everyone is working with reduced staff.

They have outsourced to a contact centre in Newcastle.  Their agents all work from home and they honestly do try their very best to sort things out.

God speed

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.
0 Kudos
Al_Mac
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A year into the pandemic isn't an excuse for companies having such poor service; like I said, they've been closing the complaints without resolving them. That's not down to not enough staff, that's down to them having a poor attitude to customer service and no management targets to drive positive behaviour. Their entire IVR tree is simply set up to get rid of people, and having operators cut you off mid call also isn't down to the pandemic. 

I'm guessing this is pretty standard for Virgin given the 1.2 Trust Pilot rating but none of this helps that I still can't actually talk to someone in complaints to resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos
BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"Someone in complaints" you can't speak to, won't ever happen, all complaints ever do is fob you off by email & close complaints.

However, if you've the time to spend on hold & can understand anything any of the human beings at the call centres say, then choosing the options for "I'm thinking of leaving" allegedly gets you through to people who have some power to act, that department does (allegedly) actually attempt to retain customers rather than lose them.

0 Kudos
yarfik
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

• No the feeling as I'm about to contact a few others off the ongoing issues I had. Vm as let a lot of loyal customers down. At the rate there going they won't have any left. When uk call centers do reopen n possibley Of May June.  There won't be any work for them
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Al_Mac, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issues which you are having with the service, I have checked the account and cannot see any issues or outages, everything is showing as green. We can see that the hub has not been rebooted for 20 days, would you be able to perform a reboot? I can see that the devices are in the 2.4 range, can you switch this to the 5GHZ range to see if anything changes with the connection. Chris

0 Kudos