cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How on earth do I get any sense regarding final bill/amount owed?

ian1969uk
Dialled in

I moved home into an area without Virgin service so disconnected my broadband package. I rang up to do it and was told there was £8 to pay and this would be taken by direct  debit. It wasn't taken so I rang back to be told that final bills are never taken by direct debit and I'd have to pay manually. I was told the amount owed was £22.50. On questioning this I was transferred elsewhere to be told there was nothing to pay and not to worry.

Then I checked my online account, the bills couldn't be accessed but it told me there was an amount to pay of £34. I took this up through What's App chat to be told again there is nothing to pay. However my online account now says please pay £50.65.

I've asked for a breakdown of the final bill and any amount claimed as owed, but no-one can explain either the amount now stated as owed  or why I've been told £8.00, zero, £34 and now £50.

I am happy to pay any valid amount owed but I'm not paying a random amount when no-one can explain this. However, apart from a formal complaint I am at a loss how to progress. There are no online bills available (it just brings up an oops page) and no-one on the telephone can explain the amount owed (if any).

I refuse to spend any more than the 5+ hours I have already spent trying to resolve this. Am I best just submitting a formal complaint do you think?

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ian1969uk,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to hear there has been various information given around your final bill including 3 different amounts.

I will be more than happy to help you with this and get some clarification and a breakdown, I will send you a link into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.