Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

How long is wait for chat?

Hi,

I got a bill this morning and noticed my fibre price has gone up from £27 to £44 due to my initial contract term ending and I'm wanting to talk to someone about any possible offers/discounts I could get in order to renew my contract. I can't afford £44 a month at the moment and need to either reduce the bill or change provider.

I connected to "Message Us" chat and after selecting a few options was put through to a nice guy who said he didn't have access to that part of the system to help so he transferred me to the team that does.

That was at 10:43, it is now 12:46 and have received no response what-so-ever from anyone. 

I understand with your support teams possibly working from home that wait times would be a little longer but 2 hours? - where is everyone? - I'm losing the will to live.

Please help

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long is wait for chat?

If you have still been unable to get through on the phones or Live Chat on the Web site then you can send texts to this number 07533 051809 with details of the issue. Might take a while for a response but might be quicker than the other options.

But you need a customer services representative as they have billing access permissions to make amendments to customer accounts.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Should I use that number for a billing error?

I tried to access the online chat yesterday, but the button was missing! [edit] Turns out that doesn't show for Firefox! Doesn't VM support firefox?? Anyway, it is there for MS Edge.
I swear I've already posted about this in another thread, but I can't find any sign of it! (I don't see why it would be, but if a mod deleted my post I'd get a PM at least right?).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Codenstuff

I understand the frustration, I have only ever once managed to get on chat with virgin, (been with the same company 20 years) and that was before lockdown. Have tried to chat on many occasions to virgin but never available or very long wait or time out.

The phone service usually get through but my experience recently at least 1 hour in lockdown  if lucky but the 151 line is at least free so can be left on hands free listening to music.

The service is usually answered at call centres outside of the UK and help can sometimes need a few calls not just one, it took me a year of problems  and phone calls  continually before my faulty hub3 was finally replaced last year and a recent breakdown took two hour on the phone in two calls.

The costs are extremely high, I pay £74 and that is just tv, broadband and phone monthly with no sky films or sport or Netflix etc. So I may have to consider changing but the problem is  I would  have to switch to ADLS  (phoneline) with another provider and possible  poor speeds on broadband, and virgin have about 50% of UK  fibre  but at least reasonable speed is the only advantage. There is a massive price hike when the cheap virgin start up package ends and if on a fixed contract  a huge cost penalty if you cancel early so I have stayed monthly for a quick exit if needed.

As many of the tv programmes are on freeview it may be worth buying my own freeview recorder and ditch TiVo.

I like streaming so do need the virgin fibre broadband but that is expensive also to existing customers. The landline phone is expensive too, but does come in handy. If  the tv , phone and broadband were split to different providers it may not be any cheaper unless you just use freeview  TV, a saving may be made or take advantage of cheap offers like sky, bt, plusnet, talktalk which are all in my area looking at the wifi signals so plenty of providers to choose from.

It is a good job the 151 call is free as the cost could be high otherwise with one or two hour delays to answer, at least they do not charge for the help line .

ALF28

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Good Communication with Virgin recently, even on lockdown, nice one virgin media. 

Got a mobile call yesterday from Virgin media to discuss my package so "thanks" to Virgin media/forum team. I also called Virgin media Billing today to  check my contact details which changed  and got through  almost instantly on the 151 landline number. However the online digital messenger is a new feature I looked at and not over keen on them but they do offer some communication on packages etc, I still prefer a human chatline or a phone call, a digital agent chat line can not replace a human operator but  are better than nothing, I never seem to get an answer of a digital agent just end up aborting.

The lockdown covid19 has forced changes but Virgin are adapting well and offer phone numbers/text listed in these posts earlier.The Virgin community is also very useful during lockdown as a way to communicate with forum team who are available to sort issues.

ALF28

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

If my 2nd attempt at online chat fails, then I will just call them then!

Thanks for the heads up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

This is really frustrating. Had no joy with the online chat after waiting for nearly 3 hours so then tried to call but after waiting for an hour I gave up. I ended up texting them on the number Retro-Tech mentioned and finally got a text reply this morning at 9:33. They asked for my account number and home post code, which I replied to at 9:40 and once again I'm sat here waiting with no further reply since then.

Why do they reply to my messages and then just go silent for HOURS. I feel like virgin are just ignoring me for some reason. Even with the lockdown and many of their staff working from home etc it should not be this bad.

What is going on?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Seriously! How many hoops do we have to jump through in order to get some help?!

3 DAYS I've waited for someone to get in touch with me, waited for nearly 3 hours on live chat, no response, waited several hours for a reply via text then they cut me off when they finally replied, then today at 12:40 someone finally replied again and ask me some security questions which I know for a FACT I gave the correct answers too and they tell me I got one incorrect.

Now I have to wait for a letter in the post with a password or something on it, which due to slow mail in our current situation will probably take more than a week to arrive. I need help now.

This is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay with your query @codenstuff. Are you the named account holder? 

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Tom_F, yes I am.

0 Kudos