Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

How long is the registration part of the site going to be down?

Hi, I've had Virgin TV and Broadband installed on Thursday, however I'm unable to register for a My Virgin Media account due to the site seemingly being under maintenance, this has been since Thursday.

How long is it going to take, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long is the registration part of the site going to be down?

Its not you, that part of the website has been down for at least a week. I tried to call and get it done but was told that there is a systemwide issue, even when they try to reroute/forward calls they can be sent elsewhere.

i was also told that it should be resolved on Monday, not sure why Monday as opposed to today or Sunday but that’s what I’ve been told

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the heads up, guess I'll try Monday then.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jeff,

Just reaching out with regards to the issues you've been having. Have you been able to register your account since your last post?

If not, could you confirm what message you're now seeing when you attempt this?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I phoned up today and they registered me over the phone.

Thanks for the replies.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it's been registered for you now. 

Do let us know if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Do you believe it's fixed now then?

I manage to put my name, account number and area code in, input password (the max length of 10 characters is very poor btw), then pick my web safe options, then get a "Sorry, something went wrong" message. I've tried in incognito mode, so it's not a browser plugin.

I get a mail confirming my web safe options, but cannot login with the username and password I picked.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a new customer.

On an unrelated note, should I be expecting a site survey before my installation date next Tuesday?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Sudopacman, we are still having issues with the site and I would advise for you to call in to the team, who should be able to complete the registration process for you.

Not all installs would need a site survey to be completed before install, if you're concerned about this I would advise you to call into the team, who would be able to advise in more detail, if any such survey was needed.

Thanks

Steven_L

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Wow, just tried again and see it's still not possible to create an account on the web site! It's been over two months now!

This is more than a simple database connectivity issue or something, this is a fundamental failure with your web site code. I'm quite simply amazed that your development team have not been working around the clock to get it fixed!

I won't hold my breath eh?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @SudoPacman

Thanks so much for popping along to our Forums - we are sorry that you're still having issues registering for your online account. 

The issue we had has now been restored, so if you're still having issues we would need to check your account directly to get you registered. 

Can you advise what happens when you try and register? Is this for your cable account or your mobile account? 

When registering, you need to use the name as it appears on the account (this is case sensitive) 

This is the link for registering the cable account: My Virgin Media Registration Page

This is the link for registering your mobile account: Your Account Registration Page

Please let us know how you get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos