cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Virgin to Resolve Complaints?

Fer24
Tuning in

This is my last post before I refer my complaint (C-200523289) to the Ombudsmen, after all it will be 8 weeks on Saturday.

I first made my complaint on May 20th, since then I have dealt with 4 Community Forum Agents, had 2 Engineer visits, made 9 calls and my complaint had still not been resolved.

I have repeatedly asked for this to be escalated to a senior manager which has not been done.

Should I;-

1. Phone Virgin every day and get a complaints ref?
  2. Post an ongoing daily update of my complaint on this forum until it’s fixed?
  3. Send my complaint to the Ombudsmen?
  4. Give up with Virgin, cancel my contract, seek financial compensation and emigrate!

How long did your issue take to resolve?

1. Less than 2 days
  2. 3-5 days
  3. 6-10 days
  4. 11 to 14 days
  5. Over 15 days

It would be fantastic if only Virgin could resolve these issues within 8 weeks!

... Or Can you?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My2penneth
Tuning in

Once you go to the ombudsman you are only allowed a limited time to submit evidence. Before I contacted the ombudsman I obtained copies of all my phone calls as audio files. I transcribed these to written text, 5 files. I chose the ones with actual evidence. I also gathered relevant emails and documents from VM for evidence. Once I had these together I opened my coplaint with the ombudsman. I attached all my evidence together in one go. This was about a month ago, mid June 2023. I received a sttlement offer which I accepted this morning, 12th July 2023. Once the ombudsman accepts your case you only have 10 - 14 days to submit further evidence. Get all your ducks in a row first. I argued with Virgin over 15 phone calls, they promised to ring me back 9 times. If I ever have another complaint it would only be 2 phone calls. 1 to discuss initial problem and the next to request a complaint number. The ombudsman is fantastic. Good luck.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

IMO, choose option no.3 - Send your complaint to the ombudsman

If your complaint has reached the 8 week limit on Saturday (and VM has failed to resolve in all that time) then why give VM any further chances? Prepare your case and submit it for arbitration.

My2penneth
Tuning in

Once you go to the ombudsman you are only allowed a limited time to submit evidence. Before I contacted the ombudsman I obtained copies of all my phone calls as audio files. I transcribed these to written text, 5 files. I chose the ones with actual evidence. I also gathered relevant emails and documents from VM for evidence. Once I had these together I opened my coplaint with the ombudsman. I attached all my evidence together in one go. This was about a month ago, mid June 2023. I received a sttlement offer which I accepted this morning, 12th July 2023. Once the ombudsman accepts your case you only have 10 - 14 days to submit further evidence. Get all your ducks in a row first. I argued with Virgin over 15 phone calls, they promised to ring me back 9 times. If I ever have another complaint it would only be 2 phone calls. 1 to discuss initial problem and the next to request a complaint number. The ombudsman is fantastic. Good luck.

How did you obtain copies of the telephone calls? From Virgin?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Use a DSAR

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

to collect the info you need.

You will also be interested in the info provided by @Cardiffman282 that OFCOM is launching an investigation into VM's cancellation and complaints processes

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

You may wish to share your experience with them

Case ref no. and email link at the bottom of the page

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

or report here with same info

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

That is all extremely helpful!. Thank you so much! Very much appreciated! 👍