Menu
Squirrelarmy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How do you upgrade to 1GB?

I've been with Virgin for a few years and been in my current address for over a year now so my initial 12 month contract is up. I have used the postcode checker and 1GB is available for my address but I have been unable to find anywhere on their website to upgrade to the faster speed and better Hub 4.0.

I've not been able to connect to a live chat, I've been told that adblock can sometimes affect the live chat but turning that off that hasn't helped. On the shop page where it says Gig1 is available the chat option is faded out.

When I click to upgrade my package through the shop it just takes me back to my account page where it doesn't give me the option to upgrade to 1gig. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you upgrade to 1GB?

Hi Squirrelarmy,

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package.

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, or freephone number 0800 052 0422. options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or mid afternoon/tea time

The text messaging service aims to respond to you as soon as possible. It currently says within 4 hours, however it may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos