Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do you get VM to actually pay you when they acknowledge they owe you money?

VM has owed me £94 since last October.  Last summer I was over £177 in credit but they were so appalling, and hassled me for money I did not owe them, that I closed my account in Oct, when they acknowledged that they owed me this money.  They then failed to respond to a written complaint, other than acknowledge receipt of my letter, which they sent to the wrong address.  I have been calling and texting continuously: 18 Feb, 27 April, 10 May, 11 June, 24 June, requesting my cheque for the credit and every time I call/ text (I have given up calling now) they promise me the cheque.  Each time I am told they are very sorry.  Each time they promise it is urgent.  On 11 June I was told 3-5 days.  24 June I was told that it took 28 days.  In my case it has taken over 7 months and still waiting.  Are they trained to tell us lies and keep our money as a company policy?  I would advise others NEVER to get into credit with VM as you may never see your money again.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you get VM to actually pay you when they acknowledge they owe you money?

Hi trimster,

Thanks for your post and welcome.

I'm really sorry that you're still waiting for the credit that was left on your account. I can appreciate you're frustrated with it taking this long. 

I can see you've chatted with our team recently and they have actioned your request. We'll get this to you as soon as we can.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you get VM to actually pay you when they acknowledge they owe you money?

Hi Melissa

This sounds encouraging and thank you for the empathy but so did all the other replies I have had and still nothing happens.  Forgive my scepticism but it is action I need right now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would recommend you visit this website and submit a claim online.

It costs a small amount, but this is recovered if you win, however it won't ever get that far as they will sort it long before.

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that-I’ll try it.

0 Kudos