Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do you contact Virgin Media to speak to someone?

I want to upgrade one of my services, but oh no. The 150 service tells me to go online and the online service tells me to call 150. A vicious, silly circle and Covid is no excuse. I've communicated with numerous bots and none of the options they offer fits what I require. No human can apparently help me. Other businesses are working well. I work - lots of people work. Virgin Media really has no excuse and is presumably cutting costs, but this is hugely irritating to customers.

I plan to contact Ofcom to see if it's even legal not to be accessible to customers. I spent an hour online with no success, just going round in circles and am just giving up on the 150 service, which cuts me off if I wait rather than going online to upgrade a service.

Any suggestions? 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you contact Virgin Media to speak to someone?

Hi there @RMWC

Thanks for popping back to our Community; I am sorry to understand that you're having issues getting in touch with us about your upgrade; whilst some of our physical centres are still closed dye to the pandemic, all our agents are working and all departments are open. 

We are busier than usual but we're doing all we can to answer all calls/texts/chats as quickly as possible to help those customers who need us. 

I assure you we are accessible and have a wide variety of ways to contact us from our Community Forum to calling or texting us.

You can call us on 150/034545411111

You can text us on 07533051809

Have you checked your online account for upgrades available as yet? 

We do hope that you get the help you need. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes I agree totally with the above - I ve just spent 90 mins going round and round on this website - it really is pathetic; what may well have been a simple query on my part is rapidly turning into a yearning to punish this lot by leaving !! I managed to start a website discussion with my query yesterday, but it warned me it may take several hours to get back. Well they didn t get back - and today I cannot even find the pop up box on the website. Just hopeless and pathetic - a question for virgin - not that they ll look at this as to do so would show a degree of caring and interest about their customers ; are you just interested in seeing the money come in without caring a damn about the quality of service you re giving ???
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Evening @russellpell

Welcome to our Community and thank you so much for your first post to our Forums; I am sorry that you're having issues getting the help you need. 

I assure you that we care very much about all our customers and whilst our physical call centres are closed, our agents are working from home and doing all they can to answer calls as quickly as they can. 

Can you advise us what your query is or what you are needing assistance with? We may be able to help directly here or our Community may be able to help you out.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is simply not true. I wasted 90 minutes attempting to contact you about this issue and am now spending more time attempting to pursue it. Online there was no option for addressing it, nor could I discuss it with any human on the telephone. Online, I was offered options for broadband/TV, mobile, or business services - no option for upgrading landline telephone services. I would like to discuss this with someone. I simply wanted to add an overseas free call option but also want to know first how much it will cost. If you can supply the answers to this, I would be very grateful, as there appears to be no other way of finding out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RMWC,

I hope this helps.

VM have a phone package (Talk Extra International ) that's £7 extra a month for  unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles in selected countries

Information is here  phone/extra-tariffs  

If you are wanting to upgrade the call package then you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Or you can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos