Menu
mmilberg
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do you cancel service without being hung up on?

I'm on my third call with Virgin Media to cancel my account.  Each time they tell me they have to send me to a "special team" (meaning a fat **bleep** in shirtless on his couch).  And each time they transfer me, the call disconnects.  I've spent 55 minutes and growing at this point.  How can Virgin illegally keep you from canceling contracts.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you cancel service without being hung up on?

Consider:

• making Ofcom aware of the issue by filling in their monitoring form here: Tell Ofcom.
  • Virgin Media's Terms and conditions (under section N, point 1.2) state ending the agreement in writing can be made to the following address:
    Virgin Media Sales 
    Operation Support
    Diamond Plaza
    Daleside Road
    Nottingham
    Nottinghamshire
    NG2 3GG

Be aware of early cancellation charges if still within the minimum contract period

Use a postal service that provides confirmation of delivery, for instance Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery service; 30 days notice period starts from receipt.

Also consider whether it is appropriate to quote your account password (the one quoted when calling Virgin Media) in your cancellation letter to confirm you are the account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you cancel service without being hung up on?

Hi mmilberg

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the call experience. 

I can see from a system check that you've spoke to the team since posting and got this booked in.

Let us know if there is further we can assist with.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos