forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Sandjg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

How do people put up with Virgin

How do people put up with the customer service Virgin offer??  Joined on the 4th Dec and instantly reported problems with my broadband.  3 days before my cooling off period end get a call from a manager to say they will send someone to sort things but if things don't improve I will still be able to cancel.  Engineer arrived to advise router should have never been installed where it was and he will arrange for someone to come and sort.  I then spent the week between Xmas and NY arranging for another engineer to come out a week later.  Continue to have problems with connection dropping out, promised 3 times a manager would call me back but nothing, spoke to a real great guy in retentions who arranged for yet another engineer to visit, due this week and now they have charged me £100 for the engineer to come out after Xmas to resolve their issue. Spoke with retentions again today, no interest in keeping, basically said they will out in disconnection and I will be charged accordingly even though 2 managers said I wouldn't.  I questioned if leaving sky was the right thing and now wish I never did - Worse service I have ever received and their attitudes are appalling !!

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do people put up with Virgin

Good afternoon @Sandjg 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry that you have had this experience, It is far below the levels of  expectation we have of our customer services representatives. 

Can I ask, has the issues with your broadband now been resolved? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Sandjg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

if honest not sure.  Yesterday was certainly a better day, 14/01 we had 4 drop outs, 18/01 we had at least 5 and 19/01 we had 8, before this I was counting them and they are all happening in the morning and last about 10 mins.  An engineer did appear yesterday morning who confirmed there was something wrong although he wasn’t sure what.  Yesterday we only had 1 drop out, hence my answer of I don’t know.  After he left the house he was going up to the main box to have a look there.  He also said about getting his boss to monitor my router for the next 7 days but as I have heard nothing I have no idea what is happening.  These issues though have been around since install which was 4th Dec.  Please also see speeds from yesterday, so while I had only one drop outs it’s not exactly 200mbps.

My biggest frustration in all this is no one will pick up a phone and speak to you.

D25FFA4F-D42F-4132-B875-627993978221.jpeg

 I await your response.

0 Kudos
MattyLeeT18
Joining in
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

If your like my area virgin is the only option as well other providers run off a cetain companys network which is not in our area.

0 Kudos
Sandjg
Tuning in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I accept I wouldn’t get the speed but no I have plenty of no options around here, but it’s pointless paying for the speed if a) I can’t always have a connection and b) when I have a connection you can’t get the speed.  It differs all round the house. As for TV, straight back to sky it would be, I do think their menu, control and user interface is so much slicker too, that said i have got used to Virgins now. What I would say is when speed and connection is working, everything is great. 

0 Kudos
MattyLeeT18
Joining in
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I agree with you on speed, sometimes its none existant. 

0 Kudos
Sandjg
Tuning in
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@Zak_M

Surprised not of heard back with your thoughts on my post with regards to speed.

Small update though, The last few mornings things have improved since the engineer came round on Wednesday, but every night since between 18.45 and 19.00 the Internet drops(has just done and take 5-10 mins to come back on line) The light on the box stays white though.  All mobiles, google/Alexa, laptops become effected by it, to the point the phone actually stop showing they are connected on WIFI but instead 4G.

Thoughts??

0 Kudos
Tambo17
Tuning in
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I want to cancel my Virgin contract before price increase in February but every time I phone get cut off after 1 hour now after 3rd attempt blood is boiling Virgin don’t even have facility online to cancel poor poor service only option I’ve got now is to cancel my direct debit so that will eventually get some kind of reply from them been with Virgin 10 years now a terrible company moving over to sky soon ASAP 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

the reply will be suspended services, a debt and a black mark on your credit file.

You can cancel by phone (early morning is best) or post

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I apologise for the delay in response Sandjg - what I am going to ask you to do is to run a BQM, as you can appreciate it's not possible for me to see all of your logs relating to drop outs. This will give us an idea of the situation. Are you able to do this for me? All information on how to do this can be found here - you would need to run it for 24 hours. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos