cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove services?

gobblebox
Tuning in

How do I cancel services on my account online?

I would like to cancel Sky Sports and Sky Cinema.

It ought to be easy to cancel a subscription online.

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

You cannot.

gobblebox
Tuning in

That is frankly ridiculous.

We can subscribe to almost any software as a service and can cancel and subscribe whenever we like.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @gobblebox 

I'm afraid that you can't cancel or downgrade services online via My Virgin Media.

Also the forum staff don't have access to the cancellation or regrade systems so they would be unable to process any changes for you.

.Are Sky Sports and Sky Cinema part of your current package, for example Ultimate Volt or Bigger TV with Sports? If they are then removing them would tie you into a new minimum term contract which may be more expensive than you are currently paying.

If you have added them on a rolling 30 day contractand not as part of your package  then cancelling them would not tie you into a new minimum term contract.

You could try the online chat messenger service , although it isn't available 24/7 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media? 

The quickest contact method though is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

And you are quite correct, but look at it from VM’s point of view, if they make it easy to sign up for additional services because that makes them extra money, but on the other hand if they don’t provide an easy way to remove services (which stops brings them in money) then that has to be good, well from their perspective anyway?

Your only way of ‘downgrading’ your service is to take a deep breath, ‘gird your loins’ and call the sorry excuse for a customer service provision and hope that you manage to get through to someone able to and prepared to carry out what you ask for!

Now is this a proper way for a company to behave? Is this in keeping with the OFCOM regulations which comment on the idea that it should be as easy to cancel a service as it is to sign up? Well, until and unless there is a Court case to set a precedent, then who can tell?

But right now, this is the reality of the situation, VM have absolutely no provision to do this online or straightforwardly, you have to call ‘the team’ and beg ask them to do it for you. The forum staff here have no ability (apparently, other than some oddball instances where it appears that they do, (best not to ask)), to get involved with package changes - so, I’m afraid you’re back to calling customer services!

A situation, which, no doubt, you may well take into consideration, when the time comes to consider remaining with VM as a provider!

gobblebox
Tuning in

Because like other people I am a busy person and work ridiculous hours to pay for things I don't need I have just been charged for another month at £65 more than I wanted to pay because I was not able to call or cancel the services via the chat service.  I really don't have endless amounts of time to sit around waiting for someone to answer the f.... chat, or the phone, so now virgin have another £65 of mine and will probably make it just as difficult to cancel next month too.  In answer to one of the comments above, it is actually cheaper to cancel and take out another contract than to negotiate a downgrade or 'regrade'.  I have been quoted less for the same service than I have been paying for about 12 months.  VM have taken approx. £500 over the last year and could have said 'Hey, you have been with us for 16 years, we can give you a great deal!' but, of course, they don't.

Hey gobblebox, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are looking to leave us.

We don't actually deal with cancellations or package changes via the forum. 

If you wanted to downgrade / upgrade you can do it here.

. If you wish to give your 30 days’ notice you can do it  by just sending a text with a description of the cancellation to 07533 051809 this will go into a queue, or you can send a letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?