cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I registrar a complaint where someone will read and take notice ??

stewartrea
On our wavelength

Hi 

I have been a virgin customer for almost a year now and signed an 18-month contract, throughout the past 12 months I have had serious broadband issues, and serious TV issues, not to mention  the Virgin sim I was sold,

at the time I told them what I wanted was a data-only Sim so I could you in my car system, as it turns out No you can't and they won't change it, so, all in all, I have had 2 thirds of my contract where I have struggled to get what has been promised when I signed,

I have had no offer of compensation or anything really, I just believe I have been sold a pup by Virgin and there is nowhere to turn to get any recompense

anyone got any advice, on how I might get some at Virgin to talk to me, the helpline is full of unhelpful, patronising rhetoric 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@stewartrea wrote:

Hi 

I have been a virgin customer for almost a year now and signed an 18-month contract, throughout the past 12 months I have had serious broadband issues, and serious TV issues, not to mention  the Virgin sim I was sold,

<snip>

anyone got any advice, on how I might get some at Virgin to talk to me, the helpline is full of unhelpful, patronising rhetoric 

Your other topics don't describe a great experience with VM.

Your past posts mention problems with TV pixilation and broadband connectivity and those topics appear to have been resolved based on the point where the forum topics got to. In your post about not getting a data SIM, as you requested, that seems to have received a flat 'no' to any remedy on two occasions from the VM forum team in that topic.

Being told you are getting one thing over the phone and receiving something else is a common theme of the complaints on the forums. I would suspect that the person selling you the SIM probably wasn't clued up enough on the differences and limitations for use in your car which were described in your earlier topic about the SIM.

Unless VM are willing to look at it again for you, I can't see that you have any other choice than to complain to VM first of all. VM has recently come bottom in an OFCOM survey regarding customer complaints and the main drivers for that were (ironically) how they handle customer complaints, so don't expect too much to come out of that.

I think you can submit your complaint online via 'My Virgin Media'. VM's CoP for complaints is below

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/Code-of-Practice-Ap...

Essentially you will be trying to prove your word against VM's in regard to the SIM issue so you should probably submit a data subject access request to see if there is any information relating to that (selecting all options)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

but it would be surprising if any copies of the original sales call existed after 12+ months but you would have to see what came back (the DSAR form advises 180 days retention, if the call was recorded at all).

Assuming that all of the above follows an unsuccessful path, your next route (after 8 weeks or a deadlock letter) would be to go to CISAS to complain. Process is explained below

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

As you can guess, the above is not a quick process but if you look at the latest CISAS report

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/reports-2/

it is a minority of complaints which are ‘not upheld’ against VM so, if you can deal with putting in the time, it would seem you might have a reasonable chance of success.

Wait for a follow-up response from the VM forum team to see if they can add any more.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stewartrea,

Thank you for your post. I am so sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with us and your services. I assure you that we are keen to help.

Can you confirm exactly what issues you're currently having with your services so that we can then begin to address and resolve them ASAP for you? If these service issues are no longer present, please let us know what resolution you're looking for and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@stewartrea wrote:

Hi 

<snip>

Your other topics don't describe a great experience with VM.

Your past posts mention problems with TV pixilation and broadband connectivity and those topics appear to have been resolved based on the point where the forum topics got to. In your post about not getting a data SIM, as you requested, that seems to have received a flat 'no' to any remedy on two occasions from the VM forum team in that topic.

Being told you are getting one thing over the phone and receiving something else is a common theme of the complaints on the forums. I would suspect that the person selling you the SIM probably wasn't clued up enough on the differences and limitations for use in your car which were described in your earlier topic about the SIM.

Unless VM are willing to look at it again for you, I can't see that you have any other choice than to complain to VM first of all. VM has recently come bottom in an OFCOM survey regarding customer complaints and the main drivers for that were (ironically) how they handle customer complaints, so don't expect too much to come out of that.

I think you can submit your complaint online via 'My Virgin Media'. VM's CoP for complaints is below

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/Code-of-Practice-Ap...

Essentially you will be trying to prove your word against VM's in regard to the SIM issue so you should probably submit a data subject access request to see if there is any information relating to that (selecting all options)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

but it would be surprising if any copies of the original sales call existed after 12+ months but you would have to see what came back (the DSAR form advises 180 days retention, if the call was recorded at all).

Assuming that all of the above follows an unsuccessful path, your next route (after 8 weeks or a deadlock letter) would be to go to CISAS to complain. Process is explained below

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

As you can guess, the above is not a quick process but if you look at the latest CISAS report

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/reports-2/

it is a minority of complaints which are ‘not upheld’ against VM so, if you can deal with putting in the time, it would seem you might have a reasonable chance of success.

Wait for a follow-up response from the VM forum team to see if they can add any more.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @stewartrea

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Can you expand on the issue you are currently facing with your TV & broadband? I can see that you reached out to us last on the 8th of September and informed us that the engineer had attended. Have things not improved since this point? 

I am unsure why you have been told that it was a data only sim as this isn't something that we offer (to the best of my knowledge) However I am not saying this didn't happen.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Zak_M wrote:

Can you expand on the issue you are currently facing with your TV & broadband? I can see that you reached out to us last on the 8th of September and informed us that the engineer had attended. Have things not improved since this point? 

Indeed so. The last post in this thread was that the OP's TV issues had been resolved.

@stewartrea  - if you're still having problems with your TV service, I'd suggest putting an update in that thread for the sake of continuity.

If you want to complain about service issues, then I think you're probably best off just using the complaints process and escalating to CISAS if you're not happy with the response after 8weeks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take heart you've done 12 months.  Only 6 to go.

Virgin Media won't take notice of your complaint and you will go in circles.  The best outcome would be an early release but that's unlikely.

Even when CISAS upholds a complaint VM drag their feet and often ignore their obligations. 

Hi, Guys Thanks for your replies,

Just to clear things up, I am not currently experiencing too many issues(except my sim is still useless). more the point was, it has taken 12 months to get to this point and now this will all be forgotten and expect me to pay full and go the contract length whilst in reality I have had significant sub-standard service for 2 thirds of my contract and I'm supposed to say thank you.

I am frustrated that in 6 months I will be hit with potential price increases if I wish to remain where in reality I never received the supposed benefits of being a first-time subscriber

I am probably sounding just like a disgruntled customer (oh dear that's what I am) with no one to talk to

I am now reading Virgins Code of Practice to see if I have a route there

Best Regards 

Stewart

Thank you for your response @stewartrea.

Sorry to hear you experienced this with our team in regards to your service. I can understand the frustration this ongoing issue may have caused and want to help.

I have been able to access your account using forum details. I am unable to see any filed complaint on your account. Just to confirm have you filed a complaint with us regarding this? If not, you may find the following useful https://virg.in/makacomp. Also in regards to your sim card, when last were you in contact with our team regarding this? What was discussed?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs