Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I obtain/change my password to CALL Virgin Media?

I'm trying to cancel my Virgin Media broadband as I'm sick of the connection issues and consistent problems dealing with Virgin.

It seems the only way to cancel is by phone (correct me if I'm wrong. An email would be so much better). I can't get past the automated messages on the phone unless I give my account password for the telephone service. I have no idea what it is anymore. It's not the same as my internet password.

Can anyone tell me how to obtain it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I obtain/change my password to CALL Virgin Media?

Hi RowanP,

The password they are asking for is your memorable word. You can ask for a reminder to be posted out for you.

If you don't enter any password, or keep entering an incorrect password then the call should still be picked up and the agent can ask futher questions to validate that you are the account holder.

There are currently 3 methods you can use to cancel your account.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I obtain/change my password to CALL Virgin Media?

Hi RowanP,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving due to the connection issues you have been experiencing.

If you do not know the password if you just ignore this and do not press any digits it will put you through to an member of the team who will be able to ask addition questions to clear security.

Yo can also text the issue you are having to 0753 305 1809 and a member of the team will pick this up, please note this is not an immediate response service and may take a while for a response.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos