Menu
sean5151
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I leave Virgin Media at the end of my contract?

My contract with Virgin Media ends on May 14th, and it goes up considerably after that and there is no way I can afford it. I decided to get Virgin Media because of the covid situations as I really needed to have an internet connection because of my health situation and the need to self isolate. I currently pay £28 for M100 broadband without phone line which was a one year contract. I would like to stay with Virgin Media as they have been good, but I really can't afford to be paying more. When I tried the 0345  454 1111 number to speak to someone I was waiting so long that I had to end the call as I'm using a pay as you go mobile and was worried about the cost. I guess what I really would like to know is assuming I cannot get a similar deal to the one I currently have which looks likely if only for the fact that it is difficult to get hold of Virgin Media without waiting a long time on the phone, Can I cancel my broadband at the end of the contract by emailing Virgin Media. Also how much notice do I need to give them in order to ensure i do not get billed on the end of contract price.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I leave Virgin Media at the end of my contract?

VM don't have a customer facing email address.

If leaving you need to give 30 days notice.  If you call today and give in your notice then your account will close at midnight on 18th March. 

On most phone packages calls to the 0345 number are free for the first hour.

You can also call  a freephone number 0800 052 0422, options 1,1, 4 and 4 (Thinking of leaving usbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When speaking to that department you can negotiate a new price in exchange for a new contract or cancel.

You can also write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
sean5151
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou very much for your help.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just on the specifics of the 0345 call charges - 03 numbers are landline numbers.

So whatever your mobile phone charges for calls to landline numbers, they will charge for any number beginning 03.

If you have a call allowance that includes calls to landline numbers, 03 numbers will be included. If you pay per-minute for calls to landlines, the same per-minute rate will apply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos