Menu
Skyetron
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How do I downgrade my Virgin Media Services online

Hi

Need Help, my Virgin Media Contract ended back in December 2020 and has increased by a whopping £33 to £93 and now to top it off Virgin are increasing the monthly charge by another £4.50 meaning i am paying £98 a month. The price increase after contract ended was expected but I was hoping it would be easy just to get another contract and do it all online, But no its impossible to downgrade. upgrading no problem.

I'm looking to save money and want to cancel my TV service and Phone but keep the Broadband side of things. I don't want to leave Virgin it has been good but I got to downgrade and save money.

It been impossible to get through to Virgin by phone i'm just hanging on the phone for ever and get no where. I tried with the Chatbots but they do nothing, they just tell me call this number, what happen to humans. 

If I can't downgrade online then I have no choice but to terminate Virgin Media account permanently and go elsewhere, which I don't wont to do. 

If anybody has a solution that would be great otherwise this is Virgin Media own fault for failing existing customers who just want to downgrade, it should be easy and simple to do online, hassle free.

Thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I downgrade my Virgin Media Services online

Hi Skyetron

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Throughout 2020 Virgin Media has not put up the price of its packages so if your price has increased within this time, then this will be due to an agreed discount expiring. You should have received an end of contract notification which explained this. 

I am sorry for the hold times, we're busier than normal. We don't do package changes via the forums. You'll need to either call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or text us on 07533051809 and we can review the account. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos