Menu
Bob24601
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

How do I contact your director of customer services

Hi, 

Been having hell trying to cancel my services since the 2nd July. 

Your Web chat team service is shocking! No one wants to deal with me.

So given up, last ditched effort how do I get hold of the Director of Customer services. 

If I don't get anywhere here I'll just raise my complaint directly with the ombudsman. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I contact your director of customer services

At board level, VM don't have a director of customer service (hardly surprising), there is just a CEO and a CFO, with the CFO responsible for most operational matters, after she's finished her bean counting duties. 

If you want to complain, search read and follow the Virgin Media Consumer Complaints Code of Practice.  Even if you don't want to, you have to do that and allow VM eight weeks to resolve your complaint, and ONLY THEN can you escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS (contact details in the code of practice).  Complaining and escalating to CISAS are usually effective but not a quick fix.  If you go to CISAS before the eight weeks, they will be unable to handle your complaint.

You can also cancel by post (section N or M of the online Virgin Media terms and conditions).

And lastly, if this is still a prospective complaint, hopefully the forum staff can intervene and resolve this - that will be the quickest and most successful outcome for both sides.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bob24601
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Well currently no one on the Web chat wants to raise me a complaint. 

I already have a complaint raised from previously, but they closed it down as i refused to supply my personal information over a random telephone call to me.

Dont see why I should have to confirm my details when they are ringing me. 

Have you got the contact details for the CFO? I've got 2 more weeks until the 8 weeks are up.

Not being rude to the forum staff, but I'm that annoyed how I've been dealt with I only want to deal with someone who has some authority, so I'm not seeking any help for that here as not going to explain it all again. 

0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

You do realise you won't get to the CFO don't you? You will get to a secretarial team.
0 Kudos
Bob24601
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yep I get that, but it's still got to be worth a try, at the moment VM are stealing £49 out of my bank account every month, even though I provided notice on the 2nd July to leave.

Without going into the numerous details of unhelpful, lying, complete wasting hours of my time, web chat team I just at the end of my tether with it all. 

I have two weeks until I can escalate is with CISAS, but at least want to show that I've tried escalating it higher, and VM still not taking it seriously.

So has anyone got the email address for the CFO? 

0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

No we do not have the email address for the CFO 🙂 You are asking the wrong question.

Do you have an open complaint etc as CISAS will want that too, or a deadlock letter.

You still have the option of writing in and the notice begins 30 days from the letters receipt, if you send by recorded mail it is tracked for you there.
0 Kudos
Bob24601
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Why is asking for the CFO detail the wrong question? 

I have two complaints, neither have been resolved to my satisfaction, I've made this very clear to the Web chat team. There has been very little effort at all from VM in trying to sort out my complaints.

I've already notified them several times in Web chat, tried ringing also with success too. So I'm not sure why I also need to send a letter. I have copies of all my Web chats which clearly shown numerous times I've told VM that I want my account cancelled - but they have yet to cancel it. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

because the C levels are not customer facing. they will not deal with you. Thats pretty standard

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
crany
Up to speed
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi you cant cancel a virgin account via live chat the only ways are to call or write as per the terms you agreed. Section N 1 and 2

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bob24601,

You aren't helping yourself.

"Dont see why I should have to confirm my details when they are ringing me. "

They have to confirm you are account holder as part of DPA.

Until they are reasonably certain you are the account holder they cannot discuss account specifics, nor action any requests.

There is nothing to prevent you from asking questions to confirm it's a genuine call from VM, it works both ways.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos