cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel subscription to get a new subscription?

talahawamdeh24
Joining in

Recently theyve increased our bill to 51 pounds a month, and as students, we cannot pay that. We got this plan from whoever lived here before us and we did not know they were going to more than double the price on us. There is a deal for 26.50 for the same MBPS, but obviously, they would not let me downgrade our package. How much would it cost to just cancel the entire thing and either go with another company or just do a complete different Vigrin account thingy and get the better deal. 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @talahawamdeh24 

The person living at that address should have cancelled when they moved out.  You should then have signed up for a VM account in your own name. 

If the acccount is in the previous occupants name then you are not responsible for the bills  even though you might be paying for it and you should not be using  the broadband - can you confirm if that's the case?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cardiffman282
Super solver

See also https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/student 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @talahawamdeh24 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

As mentioned by @newapollo, the previous tenant should have given their cancellation which is why the price has doubled - it's likely that any discounts attached to the contract have expired.

We would advise if possible, contacting your letting agency to see if they can contact the previous holders to cancel the services and you can in turn, create a new account in your name.

We hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

goslow
Alessandro Volta

It is also in the interests of the previous account holder to get the account closed down properly and all balances due on the account cleared. VM will chase him/her for any unpaid debts on the account which could ultimately lead to a trashed credit history and contact from debt collectors if not dealt with correctly.

The account is in my name now. Ive received post that Three is covering my postcode now so Ive started the procedure to get their broadband.  How do I cancel Virgins?? 

Hi @talahawamdeh24 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

If you would like to cancel your contract, you can use one of the following methods: 
Call:  150 from a Virgin Media Landline or 03454541111 from any other phone
WhatsApp: +447305 327 112
Write to us: Please use the address in our Terms and Conditions (https://virg.in/legals)

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill