Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How do I cancel my Virgin media contract?

My Virgin broadband contract is ending in one week. I have been trying to get in contact with Virgin for over one month to switch to a better monthly rate with them (upon the end of my current contract) or to cancel the contract entirely.

My question is this: Is the only way to do this over the phone? Is there no other way to cancel my contract?? I have not been able to get through to Virgin after calling many times. Their live chat is not working. I've even tried tweeting them in desperation (no response). I can't alter my contract through my online virgin media portal.

How am I supposed to cancel if they won't pick up the calls (I've stayed on hold for over an hour multiple times)? They sent me an email saying they will soon start charging me double my usual rate (after the end of my current contract) which I can't afford and haven't consented to.

I've searched their "help pages" and all they say is this (no actual instructions!):

"

How do I cancel my Virgin Media contract?

We're sorry to hear you're thinking of disconnecting your Virgin Media services and if we’ve done something wrong, we’d love the chance to put it right.

If you’d like to review the cost of your monthly package or you’re experiencing issues we’re always here to help.

If you’re looking to end your fixed term contract with us, please remember that the minimum fixed term contract period for our services is 9, 12 or 18 months, depending on the particular offer or bundle. For more info see Your broadband, TV or phone contract.

If you decide to leave us within your minimum contract period, you may be charged outstanding line rental or monthly charges to the end of the contract. See our Terms & Conditions for details.

If you're on a 30 day rolling contract or you decide to leave us after your minimum fixed term contract period, you'll just need to give us 30 days' notice."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I cancel my Virgin media contract?

If you follow the Terms & Conditions link that you posted above you will find this In the ways to end the contact section N:

writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks