Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I cancel Virgin Media?

Blame COVID-19 all you want, it's 2020 - there is simply no excuse to not be able to contact your company when it comes to leaving, whilst it's fine to contact them to join. It's a disgrace.

Can somebody PLEASE let me know the most appropriate way to leave?

I've used chatbots, I've called and been on hold for the best part of an hour before having the phone put down and I'm over it.

I was tempted to speak to retentions and discuss a deal, but now I just want out. 

Any help is appreciated.

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I cancel Virgin Media?

@todd-smith wrote:

Blame COVID-19 all you want, it's 2020 - there is simply no excuse to not be able to contact your company when it comes to leaving, whilst it's fine to contact them to join. It's a disgrace.

Can somebody PLEASE let me know the most appropriate way to leave?

I've used chatbots, I've called and been on hold for the best part of an hour before having the phone put down and I'm over it.

I was tempted to speak to retentions and discuss a deal, but now I just want out. 

Any help is appreciated.

It's all in the contract / terms and conditions you signed when joining VM

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end 

You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In writing. in 2020. Classic.

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@todd-smith wrote:

In writing. in 2020. Classic.

A better alternative than complaining about not getting through on the phone!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

'in writing. in 2020. Classic'

plenty of companies still only deal in writing. it's much the same as cheques. a friend recently sold their car to a company, they deal in cheques only, no paypal or bank transfers.

we may live in a modern world but plenty are happy to stay in the past.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jamesofmerton wrote:
'in writing. in 2020. Classic'

plenty of companies still only deal in writing. it's much the same as cheques. a friend recently sold their car to a company, they deal in cheques only, no paypal or bank transfers.

we may live in a modern world but plenty are happy to stay in the past.

I've got to admit, this response made me genuinely laugh out loud. Having to write a letter to a company that markets itself as a leader in the commincations sector is, as the OP and many others on social media have pointed out, utterly ludicrous and no amount of excuses on VM's behalf makes up for that. Even if you somehow manage to convince yourself that "plenty of other companies only deal in writing" (the fact you managed to actually write that out in a serious manner is itself quite something!) it doesn't disguise from the fact that it's surely deeply embarrassing and clearly shouldn't be happening.

"We're a company with a net income of 2.8 billion (2012) currently running a series of adverts telling people to #stayconnected and advertising ourselves as the 'the fastest broadband and msot reliable provider' for your home and business needs." 

"Oh amazing! Where can I find out more?"

"If you just send a recorded delivery letter to the following address..."

Come on man.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Todd-smith,

I am sorry for the trouble you've been having whilst trying to cancel, I am afraid the only team that can process cancellations are the retentions team, who can be contacted on 0345 454 1111, option 1, 4 then 4 again. The best time to call and avoid the call queue is 8am in the morning. Alternatively you can wrote to us using address - Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA – with a clear explanation that you are giving notice to leave and must have your written signature on.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos