cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access my existing Viaplay subscription?

Heidmove
Tuning in

I’ve recently moved over from Sky where I could watch my Viaplay subscription. On Virgin though it appears that I would need to take out a second subscription to get to watch the channels. I’m sure that’s not right so how do I get access? 

6 REPLIES 6

ozsat
Superstar

You would need to cancel your existing Viaplay subscription - and you would also loose the online/app access.

You then need to contact VirginMedia to add Viaplay.

You may prefer to just leave as is, and do what I do, and subscribe direct where you get all the extra live streams.

@Heidmove wrote:

I’ve recently moved over from Sky where I could watch my Viaplay subscription. On Virgin though it appears that I would need to take out a second subscription to get to watch the channels. I’m sure that’s not right so how do I get access? 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Yeah, I’m not cancelling. I do watch the app on Apple TV more than the channels but it seems ridiculous that I need to have 2 subscriptions (I’m on a 12 month subscription just now) just to get the channels on Virgin.

And you don't get those good offers on VirginMedia either.

@Heidmove wrote:

Yeah, I’m not cancelling. I do watch the app on Apple TV more than the channels but it seems ridiculous that I need to have 2 subscriptions (I’m on a 12 month subscription just now) just to get the channels on Virgin.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

My subs an old Premier Sports 1 but still better than the Virgin offering. I spoke to Viaplay and they just said you need to speak to Virgin. I came from Sky and they just linked the account, stupidly thought I’d be able to do the same, but never mind!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky do not own or operate the satellites they use. So any channel owner can launch their own subscription service directly with the satellite operator & then update the Sky viewing cards so you can view the channels. This means Via Sports can then take your money & control your account via their own systems, along with all the nice add-ons.

Virgin TV is a closed system, so all services carried have to be managed by Virgin. Hence they have to take the subscriptions & then pass them back to the channel owner themselves.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Heidmove, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused over the availability of Viaplay, but pleased to read that our helpful Forum users have been able to assist with the answering of this query.

Do feel free to report back to our Community Forum, if you have any further questions, or experience any faults with the services.

Kindest regards.

David_Bn