Menu
KT1990
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How can i contact virgin other than by phone

I recently received a booster from Virgin as we were getting no wifi in our bedroom we received it and i received email from virgin to say was no cost for booster or installation and that next bill would be same price as normal bills. I got an email few days ago to say next bill was ready but its £5 dearer for installing booster I have called virgin twice to be put on hold told need to speak to another department foe to be hold for 30 minutes then cut off, I have also tried using messaging service a few times but no one answers then it times out. How do I actually contact someone? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can i contact virgin other than by phone

Hi KT1900,

It's possible that the £5 extra is a delivery charge for the booster and not an increase in your monthly cost. The boosers are free if on the top packages, or £3 per month for all other packages.  If you check your bill it should give a proper breakdown of what the £5 is for.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of billing  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 1 (billingbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
KT1990
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was told booster was free on my package and I choose to get delivered to a shop so delivery was free, when i did speak to someone on phone told me was an installation charge for it but would need to put me through to another department which i was them on hold for 30 mins then cut off I called back next day to get same 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi KT1990,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been charged for the installation of the booster

Can you please tell me what you've been advised on recent calls into our call centre on this subject?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
KT1990
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Both times I called got same operator who told me she could not deal with issue that she would need to put me through to another department I then get put on hold and after 25-30 minutes cut off 

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, have you been in touch with the community since your post? 

If not, can we please confirm what TV package you have with us? The boosters are free of charge if you're on the Max It TV bundle but if not these would be chargeable monthly for £3. The £5 you quote may be if you had this delivered to the property instead of to a collection point.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
KT1990
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily I have managed to speak to someone today and get sorted. I have an email stating was free and I asked for to be delivered to collection point I have shown proof of email so £5 charge been removed