Menu
matbooth
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How can end my contract without phone access?

Hello.

I was forced to leave my residence (on the advice of the police) at the start of lockdown owing to antisocial behaviour and intimidation from neighbours placing my health in severe jeopardy. (In the week prior I'd been allowed about 3 hrs sleep, been obstructed from returning to my property under threat of violence and had to resort to sleeping rough). I was forced to go to stay in an empty house with no telecommunications set up & as I have never used a mobile, was limited to occasional e-mail downloads & sends from an open access wi-fi spot that remained on. I returned to my flat once in May to get important documents, make sure my bank cards wouldn't be blocked and try and sort out loose ends including shutting off my Virgin Media account. I was unable to get through to a Virgin representative before harassment from the same neighbours took its toll and I felt forced to leave. Since then I have sent e-mails and written letters to the broader Virgin Group, for want of contact detail for Virgin Media, informing of my situation and wish to end my contract. Last month, having done everything I possibly could to instruct of termination of contract, I ended my direct debit as I have no need for service, am receiving no service, and have not used the service (my e-mail account remains alive but I have no wish nor need to continue using it) and have no intention of resuming occupation of my flat. Today I received a bill, demanding two months charges plus a charge for non-payment of the previous month. How exactly am I supposed to inform them of my wish to terminate my contract when they won't accept the only means I have to contact them?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How can end my contract without phone access?

Hi matbooth, 

sorry to read of the circumstances you find yourself in.

You should write to Virgin to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
matbooth
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave.

Regretably I haven't had access, or means to access, the contract detail. It was a longstanding arrangement, originally set up with blueyonder, and they don't give me contract access via my "My Virgin Media" online account. The only thing that the account seems to allow me to do is add services.I'll give that address a try and hopefully get it sorted out.

All the best,

Mat

0 Kudos
matbooth
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The advice given was followed, the notice has been received (again) by Virgin Media and just as before they have completely ignored it. I have had a further demand today with more charges piled up. What else can I do?

Can anybody advise as to the proper body to complain to?

There are a number of other issues which I think should probably be raised too, given their stance. For nearly 7 years they have obstructed all attempts by me to downgrade (or alter) my package in any way, enforced unwanted, unsolicited revisions which subsequently resulted price hikes and, as previously noted, failed to give any access to my contract as they have altered it.

When I am back in a position to, I think I will have to take formal action over this. The company's conduct is absolutely abominable.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi matbooth,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're experiencing when trying to end your contract and appreciate it's the last thing you want to worry about given the current situation you're in. I'll send you a Private Message so I can take some details from you, please reply back to it so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos