cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I speak to a UK call centre?

gruff999
Joining in

I have been overcharged £10 for four months for no reason and the original people I talked to said that I would be reimbursed but I have had nothing. Original calls were to a foreign call centre on very poor connections. I need to speak to someone UK based.

130 REPLIES 130

Spambhoy
On our wavelength

I tried what you described, but it didn't offer suggestions as you stated, i.e. The options were different ?

Can you maybe expand the call process ?

Neil2080
On our wavelength

Apparently if you call 3 times in a row in a short space of time you get a uk person. Speaking to them is the only way to get any resolution.

Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Spambhoy,

Just to let you know I have replied to your post here.

Thanks

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I found this forum out of frustration. Been with VM since time began and their home services are very good. However, I am living in hell while trying to get an issue rectified with my VM mobile. I have another SIM card registered against the account which has never been used and is "locked" whatever that means. I cannot get the 3rd party call centres to identify the issue and delete it and I do not want a locked account on my account as I am in good standing.

So it's been daily calls to Bombay and everywhere else with promises that it will be removed and every day it will apparently be tomorrow.. I've now been on hold to the UK for home broadband team to see if they can find me a UK number. If I cannot get any joy from this, regardless of how good a deal it is, I will cancel the lot. I am so fed up with trying to speak with an English person!

Hi 15yearCustomer,

Thank you for you post. I'm very sorry to hear this. 

When you have spoken with the agents on these calls what have they advised concerning the issue?

^Martin

I have experienced exactly this today. 1 hour and 10 minutes on and off the phone because they cut me of 3 times. Horrendous customer service. The staff have no concern whatsoever for the issues raised. Not a single apology, very nonchalant. The moment I say that I want to speak to a senior manager to make a complaint. "Ok, I just need to put you on hold". Then..... cut off!

I'm so frustrated with this whole process. We pay our bills on time every month and we have to go through this painful experience. The issue is not even resolved. I will not recommend Virgin to anyone because of the customer service process. 

This forum was the only way I could get to speak to someone different - I followed the instructions to speak to a UK call centre. She got the issue straight away and was extremely apologetic - sometimes that's all we want as a customer!

However, when trying to save this as a complaint for her manager the CRM then says "access denied". You can't make this stuff up. 

Now I wait for a call back tomorrow. Based on trust.  

HI PaulaAtherill

Thanks for the message. Hopefully we can get this resolved. Please let us know how the call goes tomorrow? 

Kind regards 

Chris

Add to this the off shore centers actually exploit the workers, yes they get good money (for their Country) and a steady job. But many travel and stay away from family (and children) for months at a time to keep the job.

I do wonder if the savings really do add up having off shore, it must cost a lot in failed promises, annoyed customer and the time spent by others to correct the issues they cause. By all means keep some off shore for the anti-social hours calls, but a regular call within normal times (8am to 8pm) should go to UK call agents. Imagine how the customers would feel knowing at certain times they would get a UK based agent. Its reasonable to expect to get an off shore sometimes, but not the middle of the day.

I was on the phone to retentions for nearly an hour and went through 2 different operatives  before I got UK based chap-and after all that I was cut off mid conversation.I rang back the next day and had almost exactly the same experience before I got a nice scottish woman.The only trouble is I found by email the day after that I have been signed up for faster broadband at extra expense which I did not agree too-all I wanted was advice on wi fi boosters.It literally makes my blood boil.grr grr !! I have now resorted to sending a complaint email which they are a lot slower responding to.

Hello jackydog

Sorry ti hear this has happened. You can speak via a messaging service to our complaints team here  virg.in/VMcontact ^GT