Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How can I report a broadband fault?

Our broadband is running either very slowly or not at all.

The service status page says there are no faults and doesn't allow faults to be reported.

The Superhub has 'critical ' T3 timeouts in the log.

I called 150 as per the web page, but the call centres are closed. The recorded messages didn't say whether that is just right now or long-term.

Can a VM person please advise what to do next?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I report a broadband fault?

Hi YearOfTheGoat,

Have you tried calling the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level?

You should create a post in the Networking-and-WiFi Forum if that number shows no local issues.

You should post your router stats there for the learned members to check what the problem is and offer assistance.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status” page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data into the post you create – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos