Menu
Royston1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How can I change to a lower cost bundle or package

I want to downgrade my package to broadband and phone only but it seems impossible. Because virgin will be losing revenue they are not even answering my calls or chats. 

Has anyone ever managed to do this?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I change to a lower cost bundle or package

they are answering calls but its busy right now. Best time to call is early morning

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Looney_Magnet
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue. I need to change my package due to a discount that has now ended. I can upgrade online but not downgrade. Why is this? I can't get through on the phonelines, it's either engaged, or I get a message that says try again later. I've been trying for 2 months now, how much later does it need to be?

0 Kudos
Royston1
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick reply but I have tried early calls to150 and had no luck Neither did I have success with chat assistants and could only talk to robots. I even sent a complaint but that could take a month to resolve. Strange that you can upgrade in second and pay more money  yet cannot downgrade and pay less.? 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Royston1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issues you're having in trying to amend your package.

To speak with the Retention's team you will either need to call in on 150/0345 454 1111 or text in on +44753 305 1809

^Martin

0 Kudos
Royston1
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Martin but with such poor service I have now written to them and If I do not get a reply then the direct debit will stop. I cant be having this anymore. 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Royston1 wrote:

Thanks Martin but with such poor service I have now written to them and If I do not get a reply then the direct debit will stop. I cant be having this anymore. 

Stopping the direct debit will just get your credit rating trashed and debt collectors calling

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly appreciate your frustration with this. Have you been able to try the text message service?

If so what were you advised?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Royston1
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have notused the text  as I spent far too much time on the phone and online with robots I got completely disillusioned. None of this should have been necessary. I intend giving Virgin 30 days notice at the end of the week if I have not had a satisfactory reply and have put in pace another provider at the end of the notice period to ensure I get a seamless changeover.  This will ensure my credit rating remains unaffected.  Virgins credit rating should be affected as they are not providing the service they should. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you haven't had any luck using the phone line then I would advise using the text message service to contact the team. Once you get passed the bot questions. It will then pass you to another queue with agents manning them. 

^Martin

0 Kudos