cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can you stop Virgin charging for Netflix, when you have been paying Netflix for over 2 Years?

Patto07
Joining in

I pay Netflix for Netflix, simple!  I have had Netflix for over 2 Years, I pay them by direct debit & have no issues.  I have one direct account with them, I have no clue why Virgin are taking this money from me, the call centres appear to have had training upgrades in not listening and trying to be as argumentative as possible. 

In October 2021 Virgin Media started charging me for the same service?  I complained after numerous phone calls got nowhere, I was told by VM that I had to contact Netflix.  Eventually after complaining to the CEO, I got a call from a UK office, an apology, and they took Netflix of my bill (unfortunately only for one month?) .

Then it started all over again, I have been calling, emailing since January 2022, VM are still taking £13:99 / month, for a service I already pay for?

HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Do you have a complaint reference for the original CEO complaint?  If you do that will be months old, and you'll now be well over the eight week limit for approaching the industry complaints scheme CISAS, who will investigate your complaint and put it right.  In addition to stopping taking money for an unrequested service, you want a refund of all amounts incorrectly taken, compensation for the original error, plus additional compensation for the persistent poor customer service when you have given them repeated chances to rectify the problem and they have repeatedly failed.  I'd ask for £100 against each of those compensation headings.

You might want to give the forum staff until the end of this week to sort the matter out (including the compensation) because that'll be easier and quicker for you.  Or you might choose to conclude you've given VM every reasonable chance, and it's time to use the CISAS stick.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Do you have a complaint reference for the original CEO complaint?  If you do that will be months old, and you'll now be well over the eight week limit for approaching the industry complaints scheme CISAS, who will investigate your complaint and put it right.  In addition to stopping taking money for an unrequested service, you want a refund of all amounts incorrectly taken, compensation for the original error, plus additional compensation for the persistent poor customer service when you have given them repeated chances to rectify the problem and they have repeatedly failed.  I'd ask for £100 against each of those compensation headings.

You might want to give the forum staff until the end of this week to sort the matter out (including the compensation) because that'll be easier and quicker for you.  Or you might choose to conclude you've given VM every reasonable chance, and it's time to use the CISAS stick.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Patto07,

Thanks for letting us know about this and sorry you had to,

As a rule we are unable to deal with Package issues on these forums

However as a one off, I can take a look at this for you. 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen please. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

kingofthecowboy
Joining in

I have a very similar problem. VM has suddenly over the last 3 months started charging me for Netflix when I have had an account directly with Netflix for 8 years. Calls to the Support team have not helped. How did you get this resolved? 

Hey @kingofthecowboy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with Netflix and being charged for it by Virgin Media, are you still being charged by Netflix also or are you just being charged by ourselves.

Have Virgin Media been added as your payment method on Netflix on your Netflix account? You can check this by logging into your account > Settings > Account, your bill details will be shown there. 

Regards,

Steven_L

No VM is not showing on my Netflix account. On my latest VM Bill is shows Streaming Services - Netflix Premium (£15.99) which I have never requested from VM .

Any suggestions 

Thanks

Hey @kingofthecowboy, thank you for the reply.

I will look in to this matter for you and see what has gone on with Netflix.
I will invite you to a private chat - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs