Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

House move - how to notify VM?

Hi,

We exchanged on our house earlier this month (before we went in to lockdown), we are still planning on moving in to the house we have purchased if possible, completing on the 9th of April (assuming the seller doesn't pull out), we can fit everything in the car (lots of trips, but it's less than a kilometre away).

However, I am unsure of how to notify VM, as the website says to call and give them the move details, but when I call and select 'Moving House' it tells me to go to the web site and then hangs up on me.

Both myself and partner are WFH (working from home) in 'key industries' (her, in electrical component sales (so ventilator parts etc.), and myself in unified communications supporting many companies who need to collaborate while WFH, but more importantly we support several massive pharmaceutical companies who are working (free of charge) on Covid-19 projects), it is vital that we are offline for as little time as possible, and I need to know how to proceed to cause least disruption.

We are currently renting, so we do have a few weeks of overlap between getting the keys to our house, and having to give back the flat we're currently in.

I think the best way would be to have the VM move scheduled a week after we get the keys so that we have time to cancel if the sale is delayed or falls through, but i still need to communicate this with VM somehow.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Brian.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: House move - how to notify VM?

Hello

The moving website is - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home and you can start the process here.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJ, 

Thank you so much.

I'm not sure why i couldn't find that page myself, I just kept going round in circles and was starting to get angry.

Really appreciate it.

Regards,

Brian.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All I can say here is good luck. I've been in the same boat, having completed and moved on Friday last week.

I filled in that form twice over a month ago, and VM never got back to me. Called them a week ago, waited an hour, got transferred, waited two more hours, and got hung up on. Tried contacting them via phone today, their call centre is closed.

I am now in my new home, with no broadband at all. I work in software and it's a requirement for my job. I'm now going to have to go to the office to work this week, and for the foreseeable. I've raised a complaint online, requesting a prompt move & refund for services not used, or a cease of my account with no termination charges. I am not hopeful to receive a response any time soon.

I get that things are all up in the air at the moment, but failing to keep entire departments in operation is a basic failure of management and BCP. Right now (aside from our great NHS and food / medical logistics operations of course), the only thing keeping the country going in any form is our comms infrastructure - it should be key that the companies responsible are held to account.

0 Kudos