cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - account changes?

KingMing
On our wavelength

Hi,

I am currently with VM for broadband only, on the 350 mbps package.

I have a recurring discount and I'm currently £65 in credit, due to a recent issue (now resolved) and the Complaints department applied the credit and recurring discount, which I am happy with.

Soon I will be moving home. I have arranged the house move with Virgin webchat. All scheduled with an engineer visit as I don't believe there is currently a VM termination point in the new property.

When arranging the house move, I asked the advisor on webchat to ensure that my account remains the same, with the same package, pricing, recurring discount and credit in tact. The webchat advisor said no problem, he will ensure it's all left "as is" when the account is moved to the new property.

The new property cannot achieve 350 mbps, I was advised, and 200 mbps is the max. I told the webchat advisor that's no problem, I'm happy to receive only 200mbps for now, still on the same 350mbps pricing, just as long as my account is left in tact and, should the new property be able to achieve 350 mbps in the future, I will automatically receive that speed. Webchat advisor agreed that's fine.

My question is, does the above sound correct as per Virgin's usual processes? Should I expect any surprises?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KingMing

Thanks for posting.

The above is correct if that's what is agreed. They may just need to add the full contract on and then reduce it as I've seen that done a few times but you'll be notified about that in advance.

Please let us know how the house move goes or if you need further assistance. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KingMing

Thanks for posting.

The above is correct if that's what is agreed. They may just need to add the full contract on and then reduce it as I've seen that done a few times but you'll be notified about that in advance.

Please let us know how the house move goes or if you need further assistance. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

KingMing
On our wavelength

Hi John,

Well, since moving house six months ago I have been checking regularly and, according to the VM website, 350 mbps is now available. However, I don’t seem to have been automatically upgraded, contrary to what was agreed. How can this be resolved, please?

Hi KingMing

Thanks for coming back to me.

Sorry to hear that it's not sorted.

I'll PM you now to assist

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team