Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Home move with package change

Hi

I have recently moved home, I was on a rolling monthly contract of 200Mb Broadband at my old home and spoke with Virgin to arrange a home move.  The advisor tried to convert me on to a 12 month contract with a discount however I specifically requested they keep me on a monthly contract.  I was given an install date of some time away from my request, understandably so in the current situation.

I then had some time to consider the install whilst waiting for the date.  As the install date approached I contacted Virgin again to consult whether it would be possible to instead change the install to the ultimate oomph package which was available recently providing maximum services across sim, tv, telephone and broadband.  If this could be arranged I would be happy to move onto a 12 month contract.  I was told that the advisor could not do this themselves however they would recommend I place a new and separate order online asap for the ultimate oomph package to ensure I secure an install date asap and if possible for the same date as my initial install then they would be able to arrange to sort the installs out.  I placed a new order and was given the same day for install but then the advisor said they couldn't do this via livechat and i'd need to call in and cancel the initial install..

I've been totally unable to do this, spent hours on the phone and have been cut off randomly multiple times after hours of waiting, on some occasions reaching a human who couldn't help me and told me they would transfer me then cut me off. The final time an advisor said their system was having issues and they'd call me back then cut me off and didn't.

The engineer came on the agreed day but said he was only able to install the broadband and I'd need to call again and face the system to try and change my services to add tv etc.

I've not been able to get through and to make matters worse I've now been sent a contract saying i'm now on a 12 month contract.

I'm constantly being redirected to self serve but only have a very limited number of upgrade options showing that don't match what I'd agreed earlier with the advisor or match the ultimate oomph deal I wanted which new customers can sign up for.

I'd like to understand if it is possible at this stage to sort this out.  It really shouldn't be this difficult when i'm looking to commit to a long term contract and probably treble the amount of money i'll be paying virgin if you can put me on the deal I agreed earlier.

Happy to DM anyone that can assist with further info.

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home move with package change

Hi,

If you have still been unable to get through on the phones or Live Chat on the Web site then you can send texts to this number 07533 051809 with details of the issue. Might take a while for a response but might be quicker than the other options.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home move with package change

thanks, I've tried that but no response after a week. no replies to social media either.
0 Kudos