cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move started on new 18 months contract, please fix the error

MOswal
Tuning in

I was moving home and put in a request to move my broadband. it took Virgin over 4 months to get my broadband moved to the new address.

I went through endless last minute installation cancellations from your side, that combined with less than helpful answers from customer care after endless chases. In the meantime your system managed to change my account number 2 times. And now the service has resumed, I checked they started me on a new 18 months contract. They also haven't moved the credit from the previous account to the new one.

Could you please help continue the old contract and transfer pending credit (leftover from last account + delay compensation that I have received through emails ).

I can send you the screenshots of al the emails and automated texts from customer support. It can be a textbook case for training, as its tragic and comic at the same time

5 REPLIES 5

MOswal
Tuning in

Hi Carley_S,

I have the same issue, it took Virgin over 4 months to get my broadband moved to the new address.

I went through endless last minute installation cancellations from your side, that combined with less than helpful answers from customer care after endless chases. In the meantime your system managed to change my account number 2 times, and now the service has resumed I checked they started me on a new 18 months contract. They also havent moved the credit from the previous account to the new one.

Could you please help continue the old contract and transfer pending credit (leftover from last account + delay compensation that I have received through emails ).

I can send you the screenshots of al the emails and automated texts from customer support. It can be a textbook case for training, as its tragic and comic at the same time

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MOswal, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your contract looked into, I am sorry if this has happened after moving home 🏚 which can be stressful enough in itself! I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Can you tell me how much credit you're expecting us to transfer onto your new account please?

Also, how many months did you have left on your contract before your move? 

Lastly, could you pop onto your online account just to make sure this is now updated, or if we need to do a move and transfer of your online account as well please? You can tell this by which account number is showing.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

I have sent the private message with all the details as it had my account numbers included

That's perfect, 

Thanks Moswal 😊

We'll continue in PM's. 

Megan_L

Hi,

I have been asked to pay a bill of 29 by 20th Feb. I should still be in credit once the compensation is added. This issue is now pending over a month. Could this be looked at now. All the details have been given and not sure why the calculations would take this long for the team.

The initial partial credit applied to the account also has been taken away so not sure whats happening. Could you please resolve it asap as i dont want to pay the bill while i should be in credit. And i dont want you to cut the service off under this. Interestingly i am still getting automated texts about Virgin finding a fault and my installation getting delayed. The services have been installed on 12th Jan. The whole back office system seems broken and almost a joke to me.

Thanks