Menu
RobS-UK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home move going wrong

Hi

I was originally supposed to be moving home this week, and I notified virgin a couple of weeks ago. This was all sorted out, and it was arranged I could have a quick start install this week with my current hub, keeping the same package and moving my phone number. I had a contract through with a new account number and a second email confirming that the contract length wasn’t changing despite what the contract said.

At the end of last week our moving date fell through and now can’t be until the new year. I called again to just change the date, but the agent eventually said they would just have to cancel everything and start again. They had a lot of problems and ended up going through everything twice. I’ve now had a third contract with a third account number, but at a different price, and a new direct debit setup. I’ve now also had a text saying that I am getting a box to return my equipment at my current address, when the agent assured me I wouldn’t be cut off. (And I’m supposed to be taking it to the new house in January).

Im really worried they are going to cut me off this week and I have no idea what is happening now to set me up at the new house, is there someone from the forum team that can look into my account and work out what is going on; I’m not sure I’m going to be able to spend an hour on the phone today...

0 Kudos
RobS-UK
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home move going wrong

Managed to get through to someone after a long wait. 

They couldn’t explain why I was getting messages asking for my equipment back when I’m moving, nor why the second agent needed to set up a new direct debit and take all my bank details again, but they’ve now cancelled everything again and rebooked it... again. 

0 Kudos
RobS-UK
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Arghhhhh

I have now received a text confirming Yodel will delivery my QuickStart kit tomorrow despite me now having had to call twice to make sure you know my move isn’t happening until January now!

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post RobS-UK.

We can see that you have since been in touch with the team to confirm this has been updated correctly.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos