Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Home broadband kit not delivered

I'm hoping someone can help as I'm fast losing patience with the situation and the impossibility to talk to a person.

Order a broadband home setup kit to be delivered to the local collect store was supposed to arrive on Monday. Yodel showed "out for delivery" on Monday but at the end of the day, it gets back to "en route". Waited to see that it had been delayed to Tuesday but nothing changed.

Could not find any help on my profile registered online so I Googled Virgin Media phone number. 0345 454 111 the free one doesn't work. On the pay one, 0845 454 111 took me 40 min to contact some advised saying the parcel was delivered and I have to go to the delivery point (McColl's) and check. I went after work and there I was told that the shop's system for receiving parcels is broken down and no idea how long will take it to get fixed.

Went home and for two and a half hours (so far) I am trying to contact the customer care team for advice. Not a chance! Can't contact anybody! The freephone still doesn't work, I've spent 45 min on the paid one with no one picking up the phone from the other end.

Five days with no home broadband and no vision when it could happen is not acceptable. 

Frankly quite irritated with the whole affair and seriously considering using the 14 days cooling-off because this has been a complete bang to a wall so far.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Home broadband kit not delivered

Hi MiMcNaull,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with receiving your equipment by self install.

I have had a look at things our end and can see you spoken to us recently, has this now been resolved for you?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'll tell in two days. The original box has been sent back to you and a customer adviser just ordered another one to be delivered to me on Saturday.

Took one hour and thirty eight minutes on the phone...

I just keep my fingers crossed! Nothing else I can do, can I? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MiMcNaull,

Thank you for the update, let us know if you have any further issues, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Someone makes a joke with me! Now I have an email the installation will be on the 11th of November!!!!!! I want to leave!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Someone makes a joke with me here! Not only the initial equipment wouldn't be delivered today but I've got an email the installation date will be rescheduled for the 11th of November! I AM LEAVING YOU!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the delays, did the team confirm the reason for the delay?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not at all. When Saturday morning I got the email instead of the delivery I was waiting for,   I call again to the customer service and talked to an adviser. I wanted to know why, what's happening, what's wrong? The response from the adviser was just a confirmation that the starting date of the service will be 9th of November and I'll get the kit till then. That was the point I asked the contract to be terminated. Sorry but something didn't work right, I don't know why. Anyway, I was very disappointed but I accepted it now. No hard feelings. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Very sorry to hear this was the outcome, MiMcNaull. Are you wanting the complaint that you have logged closed?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos