Menu
Saeed786
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Holding On to New Customers...

Hello,

Ofcom has stated that Early Termination Charges is detrimental to Customers wishing to Switch to another Provider.

So, what method does Virgin Media has to ensure that Customers do not Switch Providers near the end of their contract term? If anything, Virgin Media should lure and encourage customers to stick with them by reducing the per month charges to encourage loyalty from existing customers, and NOT disappoint them by Hiking the prices at the end of a contract. Hiking of Prices should ONLY been done in line with the "Retail Price Index" and WITH the approval of Ofcom.

Look forward to hearing from Virgin Media

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Holding On to New Customers...

prices aren't hiked at the end of a contract, they revert to the original price.
the price you are paying when a new customer is a discounted price - something ofcom encourages to make customer switch all the time.
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You appear to have chosen to ignore the most important fact.

The reason that prices increase by so much at the end of a new customer’s minimum contract period is that the new customer, welcome discounts are so high.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It's the same with most things today, hope you check yearly for comparisons of car insurance, house insurance, gas, electric etc.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Also even cheaper if your on Matin Lewis mailing list.

From a ML link you can have VM 108 MBs for 12 months at £18.75 month.

That's £25 month with £75 credit.   Only until 24 th. Jan and via Martin Lewis.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Saeed786

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community 😄

The new offer you get when you sign up is as has been mentioned a welcome offer so the 'price hike' you refer to at the end of this offer is not a hike but the standard customer pricing, something that is well advertised on our site and on the following link:

Virgin Media Offers Page

If you look at the bottom of each column on this page you can see this is displayed,

I hope this helps

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

GolemII
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

They're completely uninterested in retaining existing customers. The "new customer only" deals are just a way of saying "we're happy to rip off existing customers".

If you're happy to sell a service at X price, do it for everyone. The system is ludicrous. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The thing is that they can’t sell it to everyone at the new customer price. They would go out of business.

I also would rather see everyone paying the same for the same service but it wouldn’t be at x, it would be x+y, more likely very close to the current full price.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

GolemII
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

That may be true to an extent, however for a new customer, they also have the added costs of supplying equipment and sending an engineer round to set things up. For an existing customer looking for a new contract, they don't have these costs...

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

OK, in that case:

New customers x + setup costs;

existing customers x.

Oh dear, that model wouldn’t work. No way there would be any new customers.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos