Menu
janxh63
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hicannot create an account

Hi,

I had VM installed in October and referred my partner whio had VM installed on 12.11.2020

So far he has had no emails, cannot create an account or sign in, this came to light when he tried to create an account today to cancel sky free trial.

He put in the details in the VM booklet the technician supplied but all he gets is a message saying these are not recognised and thus cannot get any further.

When i joined i had emails of conformation, my contract, bill, welcome etc. he has had none of these.

His bank had a direct debit notification so the person that signed him up obviously did that but as yet he has had no notification or amount he will pay.

He phoned 150 who could not help him so transferred him to another dept but after over half an hour on hold he put the phone down.

I sent a message on the customer online help at approx 1pm but as yet have heard nothing back

As a new customer he is getting very frustrated and somewhat annoyed and wants to know what is happening and why he cannot set up an account

Any help would be appreciated before he decides to leave VM

Thank you

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hicannot create an account

Hi there @janxh63 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. Really sorry to hear your partner has been having these issues with registering for their online account, I appreciate this would be frustrating. 

They should have received a welcome email and order confirmation - have they checked the junk folder on their email to see if it's landed in there? 

If you are able to pass security on the account I will be able to take a look in to this for them, if not they can post on our forums here and we'll do our best to help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
janxh63
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

"They should have received a welcome email and order confirmation ", this was never received and thus he cannot create an account. He's tried repeatedly and gets nowhere.

He's tried to contact VM again but with no sucessful answer.

We'll try again tomorrow and see what happens as he should have a reward pending as I referred him and have had mine.

I will report updates when i know,

thank you

Jam H

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response, janxh63.

Sorry that you are having issues registering. Have you been able to get this done since your post? If not then I can get it done for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
janxh63
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cory C

no he is still unable to access his account, in part we have found the problem but it has just compounded the issue,

on a promotional letter that came last week the name was Mr ROFF not Mr Ross and the email address is completely wrong so hence he has had no emails from VM.

We can only assume the  problem lies with the person who set the account up over the phone.. the wrong name and email address was used and Mr Ross  has no idea what password was used as you cannot see it

Due to what seems to be multiple errors by a sales person when setting his account up over the phone he cannot cannot sign in or access his account at all. When he tried to put a complaint in or query something he has to sign into his account which he cannot do.
He has tried phoning multiple times, had had great difficulty in this and when he eventally gets through and has to put in letters/numbers from his password which he cannot so he is just going round in circles unable to contact anyone.

Also because he cannot access his account he cannot claim the £75 referral fee ( i referred him  and have had mine)

Mr Ross also noticed today that £66 has been from his bank account by VM and not the £29.99 that the contract should be, so say Mr Ross is angry and frustrated is an understatement.

All he wants is for someone from VM to contact him so he can get this shambles sorted out.

thank you

Jan H

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us janxh63,

We can only apologise for the spelling error with Mr Ross. We should have confirmed we had the correct spelling at the point of sale. This matter will be fed back to the team to to make sure no future errors are made regarding incorrect spelling of customers names.

We would love to help get this matter resolved and set up an online account for Mr Ross, unfortunately as you are not the account holder we cannot do this from here for you due to data protection reasons.

Please can we ask you get Mr Ross to set up his own thread and we can get this picked up and and resolved for him.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
janxh63
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes i appreciate you cannot speak to me re data prote...

Hi,

yes i appreciate you cannot speak to me re data protection and I shall. ask Mr Ross to contact you. 

He's just checked his account to see progress of the refund, and he is at the moment asking online why a complaint had not been raised as promised tuesday.. nothing has showed on a "check your complaint progress"  and he has been told something totally different about a refund by the person he is speaking to , he was also told a complaint was not raised.

How can VM repeatedly get it so wrong for a new customer. ? it's stumbling from one massive error to another

It seems impossible for someone from the complaints dept to call him, well I would speak to them on his behalf he's long past wanting to speak to any one from VM now

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi, yes i appreciate you cannot speak to me re data prote...

As we're not able to go through security we're not able to see what has happened to explain a little more but we are sure the team will be able to clear this up for you.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos