cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with memorable word

Kingfisher23
Just joined
Hi, What can I do to reset or even know what my memorable password is? I am not sure if I set one but I am asked to provide this when I call customer care. Confused! Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kingfisher23 

The memorable word would have been set up when you first signed up with VM. It should be in your original documentaion.

To help jog your memory the memorable word is usually something along the lines of mothers maiden name, place of birth, name of first school, favourite song or band, favourite food or name of your first pet.

When calling if you don't input any characters from your memorable word then an agent should pick up the phone and ask you other account related questions to validate you.

Have your bill handy to help answer the questions.  They will also be able to update the memorable word for you providing you pass verifcation, if not they can send a reminder through the post.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two and help, however if yuo still fail verification they too will have to send a postal reminder.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Kingfisher23,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

As you're looking to reset the word I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

You'll find this message within the purple envelope icon.

Cheers,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Kingfisher23,

I'm glad we've got that sorted for you, if you do have anymore queries then be sure to pop back up to the team to advise further.

In the meantime take care!

Kain