cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with link with 02

RonLee
Tuning in

Received a call last week about the current special deal package that expires in August.  A fresh one offered -slightly dearer but well below what reverting to the original would be.

OK so far and I accepted.  However there was constant reference to the fact that Virgin and 02 had merged and that the deal included an additional 02 sim card. I explained that I don't want it and that my mobile is not a smartphone. Insisted it would be sent so I said "OK, but I won't use it"

Before it arrived I had a message from 02 saying that my bill is £12. go to My02 and download the app.

Tried to register to My02 but got message "we already have this e-mail address, please use another one"

What is going on?

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RonLee,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused trying to register your O2 Sim.

The above issue usually happens when the Email has been registered with O2 for a previous account, have you had an O2 account previously?

If you have you can try registering with a different Email address.

Regards

Paul.

I am not trying to register my 02 sim - as I said, I don't want it but was told it would be sent as part of the new package.  I have no intention of using it and want to know why 02 say they will be billing me for £12.

I have never been registered with 02 so don't know how they got my e-mail address.  I tried to sign onto My02  with  this address  using the "forgotten password" route. The reply was that they did not recognise my mobile phone number - not surprising as it is with another provider (not Virgin)

The sim card will remain in the envelope it came in and I will keep checking my bank account to ensure that nothing is paid to them. My suspicious mind wonders If Virgin are working closely with 02 might they give them my bank details?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RonLee,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing O2 SIM card and package issue. Is this a Volt package you've taken out? If so, you would have been registered to take out an O2 SIM and signed up to an O2 account at the same time. As we're merging with O2, this means that you'd have to pay for the SIM card to O2 directly. I do apologise if this had not been explained to you when taking out the package.

Have you tried to sign into your O2 account with your email and then tried to reset your password?

You are more than welcome to cancel your O2 SIM card, however, as this is a part of your current package, this will impact your Virgin Media package with us. You can cancel your O2 SIM by calling O2 directly on 0344 809 0202, or to discuss your Virgin Media package, you can call us on 150/ 03454541111 as we're limited when it comes to making package changes.

Please let us know how you get on. We're here to help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina_Z

Thanks for your reply

Trying to phone Virgin  on 150 for help but can't seem to get past the initial "Press number for ......." automated reply.

None of the options relate to an account query - what service do I ask for?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there RonLee,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please, try option 4 then option 1 to speak with our Customer Care team on 150 number.
You may also try WhatsApp messaging service at +447305 327 112 and the team will be able to assist you from there with these changes too.

Let us know how you get on and if you managed to make the changes you wish for.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs