Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Help with complaint. COM103991573

Good afternoon

I have been getting incorrectly billed for some time. A good bit higher than what it should be. I unfortunately noticed this a little late given I was using a driect debit.

I contacted the 150 number and was told that as the bill was on paper it was valid, and if it was issued it was valid even if the costing was not correct. I asked for the individual to please take this up with a manger. The manager apparently stated the same and asked the individual to relay this to me. Telling me that there was nothing that could be done unless I take out another contract.

I lodged a complaint asking that I be refunded the overcharge value back dated. I indicated the out of contract price was on the VM website and I was told that it didnt matter as the price I was charged was valid. I left it as a complaint. I proceeded to migrate my telephone service from VM leaving only that of the broadband as I am happy with the broadband, and would just like the charge to be corrected.

Some time later I recieved a call from another chap who was more helpfull. Given this is a public forum I shall not place names down. As I had commited to porting away my phone line he stated that to affect the changes to my account I would have to hold till all was completed otherwise it could complicate matters (this was the beginning of April). The chap stated he would call me back come the 24th to make sure all had been rectified. The 24th came and went with no call. I thought that given COVID that there would be a probable closure of the call centre, but that as my complaint was being dealt with, I would rest assured that all would be OK.

I have since received my latest bill, and not only have I been overcharged still (no changes have been brought into affect), but the changes to the package for my broadband has also not been put into place.

As the call number of 0800 052 0334 just rings to a point which states the offices are open form 9 till 6pm. I am assuming that as I am within that time frame, that the call centre is closed.

I would like to know how to proceed with

- Having the issued bill rectified before it is taken from my account

- Adjust the bill such that it is brought back to what was discussed on the phone

- Ensure that the changes to my package are put into place.

I have also had a look at the My Virgin Media page, and as there is no ability to just outright cancel my account with Virgin Media, I am at an impass until the issue is either resolved, or I can migrate from Virgin Media.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Kind regards,

-A

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with complaint. COM103991573

Thanks for getting in touch with us Andrew__ and I apologise that the agent hasnt called you back yet.

I have contacted the agent that was dealing with your complaint as it advises he would be doing something to your contract(not going into detail over public forum) after your number had been ported out to another provider.

I have emailed the agent and his manager to get back you as soon as they can and update you and your account with what is happening.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good evening,

Thank you for forwarding a message on to the relevant team and manager. I shall reply here as soon as I recieve some form of contact.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI Andrew___, hopefully we will hear back soon ^Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning,

Whilst I fully appreciate that things will be running on a skeleton staff, as a week has now passed I was curious as to roughly how long it should be before I would expect a call from the agent ? I have checked my phones and none (home or mobile) show a missed call.

Best regards,

-Andrew

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My apologies Andrew. I'll certainly help with this.

I'll go ahead and send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon,

As promised, I said I would come back after all was concluded with an update. I can confirm that all appears to be in order once again, and I would like to thank you for your speedy help and prompt response to my issue. I can only emphasise how pleased I am that all has been corrected.

Thank you for your time and help, it was indeed appreciated.

Best regards,

-A

0 Kudos