Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help with cancellation

Hi , I was just wondering if anyone could help me . I’m trying to cancel my services as I won’t be needing them as of next week. I just can’t seem to get in touch with anyone at virgin media . Even the text service doesn’t seem to be working . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with cancellation

Write to VM, at section N of the terms and conditions.  And post it recorded delivery.

Since you have to give thirty days notice you'll have to pay for a few weeks when you don't need the service, but accept that, you agreed that contract.  Because there may be a delay in postal processing you may yet get charged another full month (noting the thirty days notice anyway), but it should be backdated and any overpayment refunded.  Leave any direct debit in place - far better to dispute a charge afterwards than have a big brown smear for six years on your credit history due to a defaulted payment.

Any problems, come back here and we'll advise further steps.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply I was hoping to get it sorted over the phone or maybe over the text service . I guess they are really busy at the moment .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Banksy920

Thanks for popping along to our Community Forums - I am sorry that you're having some issues getting through to us to cancel your account. 

Our call centres are busier than usual at the moment and we are sorry for that. To disconnect, you have 3 options currently

1. Call us on 150/03454541111
  2. Text us on 07533051809
  3. or write to us as our user @Andruser has advised.

We would require 30 days notice - however if you choose to leave prior to this, Early Disconnection Fee's will apply. You can read more about those here

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos