Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help with cancellation

I'm having the worst experience ever, thanks to Virgin Media. I was supposed to join Virging for TV, Telephone and Broadband. Virgin failed to complete the installation on the date arranged and told me I had to wait 3 weeks for it to be completed. My current provider was about to disconnect my services and I was not prepared to go 3 weeks without Broadband and telephone. I had huge problems speaking to Virgin, the overseas call centres kept disconnecting me and never phoned back. When I finally got through to someone I was told my installation would be cancelled without charge and I would receive email confirmation within 24 hrs. I have not received this which is worrying.

Because of the bad experience, I didn't want to go ahead with my transfer to Virgin Mobile either. The two SIM cards were never inserted into my mobile or activated and so prevented the number transfer taking place. (I had provided PAC codes to transfer my two numbers.) Again, phoning virgin was a nightmare due to the overseas call centres who kept disconnecting my calls and never rang me back. Eventually after a number of attempts, I managed to speak to someone. Again, I was told I could cancel without charge and would receive email confirmation. This came through almost immediately but stated I had a month of contract to pay for which is wrong.

Virgin seem to be making it very difficult for customers to cancel contracts within their cooling off period. Does anyone have Ideas how I peruse this and have some peace of mind?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with cancellation

Hi the only thing I can think of is call first thing in the morning 8am you should get through quicker and go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK who know what they are doing and will hopefully solve the issue.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with cancellation

just to add a little to the post above this usually works

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

as said try early in the morning - if you get offshore hang up and start again

Tony
0 Kudos