Menu
Johnny65
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Help with cable services

All I want is a way to contact a Human being who is based in the United Kingdom who is a customer services agent for UK Virgin Media. It will be between me and Virgin . Why should you kindly help and do Virgin's job for them?

That's all I want, anybody got real answers?

And then I probably never darken the Natter Chatter blog agan.. I am not a troll...look at my page on academia.edu about Athenian stephanophores!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Richw1982
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with cable services

This is a community forum where forum members try and help with issues and is over looked by forum team members.  What is the issue you are having?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Johnny65
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but I actually have no problem with cables I maybe hit the wrong "help" option.

All I want is what I really really want is communication with a UK based UK Virgin Media Customer services agent...do you any way of doing this

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Johnny65 wrote:

Thank you but I actually have no problem with cables I maybe hit the wrong "help" option.

All I want is what I really really want is communication with a UK based UK Virgin Media Customer services agent...do you any way of doing this

If you wait for a reply on here, you will get a response from an employee of VM (identifiable by the VM infinity logo and 'Forum Team' under their name). I believe they are all UK based.

They usually respond within a day or two but can take up to a week. Depending on what your query is to do with, they may take the discussion to a private message using the forum private messaging system. If they do take your enquiry to a private message, they will require you to provide certain information to pass data protection so you may need to find out basic information to do with your account to prove your identity (the requested information is usually simpler to access than forgotten past passwords etc.)

It may help them, should you choose to do so, if you can give an outline of what your query is about. The forum team do not usually deal with package changes on here, for example.

One of the forum team should pick this up shortly to help you.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As you were advised in the chatter forum, there is no method to directly contact a UK-based agent, although all VM C/S agents work to the same processes and so the advice should be the same.

Are you able to explain the issue you want help with? Other users on here may be able to assist, and the staff who respond will certainly need to know.

Without knowing some basic details of your issue, then other users (staff included) are going to struggle here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Johnny65
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still no joy

On the VM facebook page and a guy has been helping me but now we have run up against a wal.

Below are Facebook nessages

Has anybody a contact for a UK BASED UK VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMER SERVICES AGENT.(please no 150 with long winded unhelpful options and eventually a useless Indian call centre)

• Hi John, 150/ 0345 454 1111 is the only number we have. What is it you need help with? ^Alex

• It is the impossibility of following the instructions to create an new Virgin email address. I cannot find the blow by blow information to do this , where they are talking about...why is that tab not on my page...is it hidden.....I tried with the Indians but they were a bunch of Cowboys. They said they would contact my wife who is the account holder and the silence is deafening. It actually is a worry that a major telecommunications company is actually against communication and positively blocks all access to itself. The Indians were so bad and long winded and so unhelpful that my portable telephone battery ran out! Call 150 and you get 10+ minutes of no not that option nor that no not that, again not that,nor that until ignoring all the unhelpful options you get to the Indian Robots who have no idea and are not allowed to be helpful. That is why I want a UK Based UK Virgin Media CUSTOMER SERVICES AGENT...... But why do people volunteer to help a community forum called Virgin Media Community for no pay whilst a multi billion telecommunications company has no actual genuine customer services is beyond me...but what do I know!
      • So you're wanting to set up a secondary email account? Can you confirm if you're able to sign into the main Virgin Media online account? ^Alex
        •  
          Once signed in if you go to My Profile> Manage account, from there it should allow you to set up secondary accounts. ^Alex

OH NO I aint got that Manage account tab that I can see I went through a blow by blow of what I could see to an Indian Lierally everything on the page but where is it?
          •  where is it?
            John Nisbet
            PS My wife is nthe account holder.....we joined VM 20 years ago in NTL>com days and 4 PC's later and some stuff we cannot remeber nor when the last bill was paid ...and on what date cos I'm not on my banking page....etc
            n Nisbet
            Yes I think so, when I click on my email shortcut it goes into right away my Virgin media in box, I can find a log in page for virgin on google and sign in and it automatically goes into the account holders home page but frankly from there I am lost

Can you please confirm if you're able to sign into the main account via this link- 

virg.in/myVM
          If you don't have the manage account tab or are unable to see your bills it sounds like you may be signing in using a secondary email account. If so, due to the technical nature of your query it would be best to post on our community help forums here: 

virg.in/VMforums. If the community are unable to help resolve the issue, a member of the team will be along to help. ^Alex
          • s is correct it is a secondary account but this means NOTHING to me. When I did click on "secondary account" What is this I get loads and loads of seemingly to me irrelevent nonsense which I do still not understand!
            Correct THIS IS A SECONDARY ACCOUNT....but so what...I don't know what this means as long as I got email I don't care...but obviously I didn't understand the secret importance of this
            If you're wanting to set up a new email account you have to sign in with the primary log in details John. If you're unsure what these are you can either call us on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and we can help reset them for you or you can head to our forums as advised in my previous message. ^Alex

OH NO not 150 and irrelevent 10 minutes + of irrelevent options and then the Indian call centre who was so useless Twice( my portable phone battery ran out) They promised to e mail my wife the account holder and no such thing has happened.....so that is why I want a UK BASED UK VIRGIN MEDIA savvy CUSTOMER SERVICES AGENT. I started school in the days pen nibs and ink wells and then did Olevels and A'levels and then several higher degrees BUT I only know what I know Why isn't the simple simple? Why hasn't VM got UK based customer service.....so why do nice people help for free when VM is a multi-billion multi national teleCOMMUNICATIONS business. That would have been the type of question we would have been expected to ask way back in the early1960's!

Now you see that Indian call centres cannot understand the apparent complexity of what should be the very simple

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no joy

VM's email setup works thus.

The main account holder is given an email address, with the ability to change it to something a little friendlier.

They can then create up to 9 additional secondary accounts for family members to use by using the manage accounts tab.

SO - If you want to create a new email address, your wife will have to log in to My Virgin Media using HER main email address and password and do it for you.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Johnny65
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that...but  and i say it again, after 20+ years and 4 changes of PC's she said she doesn't know what the password was and why we have a secondary account ( whatever one of those is). She, unlike me, never uses her virgin email account but uses the NFU account and google -email. Do you remember what you did 20+ years ago, That is two decades and around the millenium time) after 4 PC changes? I was a yongster in 40's then and now am retired in my 60's....so can you remember hard details 20 years later?

Can we alter her password without remembering her previous one, can we see if the e-mail she had then is the one she thinks it might be, and if not what then?

Sorry, but all of this is basically the same problem over and over again with actually no real and and progress. My real full name is John Arnold Nisbet and to see my real expertise put my name into academia.edu. That's what I know and what I did not all this single insoluble problem from VM. When i worked at the University of Warwick I let the IT dept do all of this kind of stuff or co-opted a brainy 18 year old techy knowledgible student, alas I am now retired! 

But thanks for the efforts but I don't think you know how inept I actually am in this kind of stuff, but if you want to know something about Athenian New Style tets then I'm your man

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

At the end of the day your wife is the one who needs to speak to Virgin Media customer services.  VM won't deal with you because you are not the account holder.

If she doesn't know her Virgin Media username, there is a Forgotten email link on the sign in page, and there is also a Forgotten password link there as well.

Failing that she could try posting on here herself and the Forum Team will try and assist her.

Tim

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnny65, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I can see from the thread that you've already been advised that there is no direct line to the UK contact centres. All our agents whether based in the UK or Overseas have the same training and access to systems. When calling you are routed through to the next available agent to ensure your call is answered as quickly as possible. 

We are here to help with most queries though so as you're here, if you would like some assistance please pop a post here detailing the issues you are having and we can try and get things sorted for you. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos