cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to cancel a broadband only package bought online this morning.

edr2023
Joining in

Earlier today, I ordered a broadband-only package and I have decided to cancel it due to lack of customer service.
Can anyone provide the address to cancel by mail? I can't find it on the website
I've tried to cancel by live chat and phone and both have failed.
Live chat - not working
Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01). That was three hours ago. I have tried several times.
Phone - failed
Over the phone, they asked me for some characters from my 12-character password. The form I filled out this morning didn't require a 12-character password. Just a memorable word, but it didn't specify that it has to be 12 characters. The guy on the phone didn't believe me. He said he was going to send me an email to reset the password. I gave him my email address, but I still need to receive a reset password email.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Postal address at section N of the Terms & Conditions.  Use a recorded delivery method.

I have twice asked forum staff to notify the web team that the cancellation page doesn't have any contact details, apparently nobody cares.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Postal address at section N of the Terms & Conditions.  Use a recorded delivery method.

I have twice asked forum staff to notify the web team that the cancellation page doesn't have any contact details, apparently nobody cares.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @edr2023 thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving us and also for the poor experience you've recently had. 😞
If you'd like to get in touch to cancel, please reach out to our messenger team on WhatsApp on +447305 327 112 and they will be able to cancel the services for you.

Or you can write to us at:
Virgin Media 
Sunderland
SR43 4AA.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Andrew-G 

The cancellation pages have been updated and that's an old link which you are directing people to, it will however still show up first on most google searches due to the length of time it's been in use/searched for.

The quickest way to get to the new cancellation page is to click on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Otherwise it's a long winded process to access that page via VM Help, People need to click on the change or cancel your package  link from the 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help page. They are then directed to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/change-package 

Clicking on the broadband, tv and landline box on that page directs people to the Change package help and support page with links to upgrade my package, cancel or downgrade, and moving home.

Clicking on the cancel or downgrade box routes the person to the actual cancellation page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @Andrew-G 

The cancellation pages have been updated and that's an old link which you are directing people to, it will however still show up first on most google searches due to the length of time it's been in use/searched for.

But as you allude to, the "leaving" page is not well signposted, and worse the "cancelling" web page is still served by VM's web host, and still returns as the first result for Google searches for either "leaving virgin media" or "cancelling virgin media".

It's simple incompetence to leave an out of date web page in place.  VM could either take it down and wait for the search engines to catch up, or better still just add the damned contact details to to the cancelling page.  Then again, VM's web sites have been a mess of incomplete data, broken links, circular references and simply plain inaccuracy for as long as Virgin Media have existed.  I have to conclude there's somebody in VM with the job title "Head of Website Crapness" - they're certainly good at their job. 

Thank you for your reply, Ilyas_Y.

Yesterday, I spent half of my day off on the telephone dealing with this matter. Please explain how I can cancel my contract without a contract number. With the information I have on my contract information sheet, no one on the phone was able to access my account. I cannot register on the website without a contract number and a customer area reference. The box will be delivered on Saturday, and I cannot change the date imposed when I complete the form.

Thanks.

Virgin broadband 2023_8.jpg

Hi edr2023,

Thank you for reaching back out, as you have not been installed yet or have any details you can speak to our pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734, they will be able to take your address and ask additional security questions and then will be able to cancel your order.

Regards

Paul.