Menu
LinkedOut
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help returning equipment - and rude CS.

Hi guys, so for over a year, I've had problems with VM, I called an engineer once or twice, but they didn't turn up, one turned up and didn't help ages ago, he kept blaming our equipment i.e. devices, just to avoid having to spend time fixing the issue. Anyway, told them I want to end the leave, the guy on their retentions team (I am guessing) was quite passively rude and snarky.

Also tried to scare us so we stick with them, he said we need to PAY them to get it fixed, and then had the nerve to say another company will charge me for an engineer, I spoke to BT and they told me that isn't correct. 

We insisted we wanted to leave, and he kept trying to distract us, with bad information, lucky for us I guess, that my brother is wealthy and offered to help me. 

He said don't worry about it, tell him you want to leave, and honestly, I am not even lying I have no reason to, check my account if you want, most of the time supposed to be on 100Mbps however over time speed had dropped to 50mbps then to around 15mbps and recently it's gone down as low as 0.4mbps, luckily BT just added FTTH/P in my area and I'm getting 300mbps (down) and 50mbps (up) for 47 quid, and VM have been charging me over 55 quid roughly every month. And the connection has been cutting off, not only are BT giving far superior quality, free CallerID, and other options like two free phones, while VM charge even for CallerID they ran their Virgin Money Banking in a similar way hence why Yorkshire Bank did a takeover. They're the worst CS folks you can ever have the misfortune to speak to. 

Now this rude guy who was blaze about us telling him we want to leave, then he is a snarky way saying yeah go ahead as if he is trying to call a bluff playing poker, are they popping pills at work what is going on. Anyway, he wanted the equipment back, which is fine, but I thought we've paid for the TIVO (crapbox) and the even crappy SuperHub 2, I have their stuff, and I want you guys to come and please collect your stuff, as your half-asleep rude collogue hasn't explained it properly.

My D/C date is July 10th. Oh, any, by the way, next day after we ended the contract for July 10th they called us to offer a really good deal, so I suggest others to actually leave (when the contract ends) don't renew with them, if you leave and call their bluff, they'll call you the next day, I think it's another sneak and unethical tactics they're using.

To be fair, I haven't dealt with their teams on the forum, but I'm not holding my breath. If people don't want to work in CS then they should find a job elsewhere, they talk to you on the phone as if they pay your bills and wages. Thank G-d, BT are here to save me. lol Sorry, maybe I got a little too annoyed I knew it's not the fault of the staff on the forums, had a look around and most of them seem to be quite decent to be fair, and I'm not saying it to butter you up, it is not like I will get anything out of this, we're parting ways, I can be critical and I can give praise to where praise is due, respect and integrity is a two-way-street if some their call centre seemingly have a very insidious culture.

Remember, the customer/client is always right, even when the customer/client is wrong, as a senior loss prevention officer for a company that was the policy don't argue with the clients, treat them with respect, and actually even go easy on those who might be struggling, and through our internal reviews, we found being nice and actually doing your job and helping, worked both ways.

Sorry for the digression, my question is how do I return the items, and what do I need to return exactly which things, as I also don't want to keep the Tivo box and the router, however, I don't have the original packaging I think when the engineer installed it (a very nice guy, he went above and beyond no issues there) had taken the empty boxes, and I think he also took the old VM cable box too. With respect to this one, I'd like to know the information of what do I send back to where and which things, do I have to remove the VM wires from the room too which are connected to a white box do I remove and send that back too?

Again sorry, for a bit of the harshness here, but guys it has to be said, the public has had enough of tyrants.

P.S, I'm not insulting those doing CS jobs, I've done them myself, guys it's not about your job and what kind of a job description you have, it's about doing the job YOU applied for and YOU choose it. 

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help returning equipment - and rude CS.

@LinkedOut wrote:

<snip>

Sorry for the digression, my question is how do I return the items, and what do I need to return exactly which things, as I also don't want to keep the Tivo box and the router, however, I don't have the original packaging I think when the engineer installed it (a very nice guy, he went above and beyond no issues there) had taken the empty boxes, and I think he also took the old VM cable box too. With respect to this one, I'd like to know the information of what do I send back to where and which things, do I have to remove the VM wires from the room too which are connected to a white box do I remove and send that back too?

<snip>

Equipment for return
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

now also includes the Super Hub 2ac which VM are reusing due to newer hub shortages

Requesting returns packaging (if VM don't actually send it out to you)
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/returns

Getting hold of the appropriate packaging from VM often seems to be a regular complaint on here.

Depending on how you return the equipment, keep any posting confirmation documents/receipts and tracking numbers. If VM offer to collect any equipment make a note of date/time it was collected and/or name/badge no./vehicle reg. no. of who collected it.

The VM collection/returns process can also be subject to VM corporate randomness with some past examples on here of people returning kit (with a long delay before it is checked back in with VM) who then start receiving text messages demanding the kit back!

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the poor experience you'd had with Virgin Media LinkedOut.

Do please let us know if you need any further assistance with the account - beyond the returning of the equipment and we'll be sure to assist you

We take your feedback on board and will seek to implement it in how business model moving forward 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

LinkedOut
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The retentions guy sent texts yesterday, he had been saying he can offer a better deal. When I called VM they've told me no one called me, nothing is on their system, (I have the call recorded) then a family member on my behave called him on the number he texted from he sounded like he was on his personal phone, I asked him if the call can be recorded, he agreed, when questioned about reps saying different things etc, he said something like we have over 3,000 people (The way they run the business like their banking soon it will be zero) and he was like we're allowed to call when a customer leaves etc, and then his better deal which he was offering was the same for 18 months basically he was just going to remove other things and was offering it for 40 quid, are they really popping pills or something, he was like I've worked for SKY and that isn't how it works, TURST ME, TRUST ME, what a joke, then when we told him we've taken him off the recording (I.e. you cant hear him but can still hear our side) he started giving legal advice saying it is illegal to record someone, so told him if we was scared we're ending the call. Told him unsolicited calls and texts can be regarded as harassment knock it off and don't call our numbers, and ended the call with him, as firstly he isn't legally qualified why is he giving legal advice? and 2.) as I've said seems like they have a very insidious culture in virgin media, I can only imagine managers are aware of this and don't care, I won't be surprised when VM get fined, like HSBC business banking was, sales tactics are sneaky, the female on the phones saying no ones called me, while the guy is calling me, and is from VM team, I have the proof! is he running some side thing? Maybe he called from his personal phone? 

Can someone explain this? I can post the recordings to any manager anyone who actually wants to improve the business! 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us, we will be able to feedback your experience and have this investigated internally.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos