cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help resetting telephone security password

margaret_l2023
Joining in

Hello,

I would appreciate some assistance in resetting my telephone security password please.

Many thanks,

Margaret Lanigan

2 REPLIES 2

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello margaret_l2023

Sorry to hear of the password problems experienced when calling and speaking to the team, we appreciate the concern and you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We aren't ale to see the password itself which is why when calling we only as for 3 random characters from the memorable word. If this isn't provided but we're speaking to the account holder, our agents are able to ask additional questions to pass security and then send out a letter with a reminder for the password.

Has this been advised or offered when you have called in and spoken to the team? Are you the account holder where additional questions are an option?

Rob

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Margaret,

VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update the memorable word by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali