cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help my account has been cancelled

Quezzers
On our wavelength

My wife cannot log into her emails on VM I am the account holder and set up her email address on that account originaly on NTL so went into it to see if i could find the problem. Only to find a message saying my account  has been ended, but my emails (also NTL are still working as is the internet. There is a message about renewing my contract but I am reluctant to click anything. How do I get help on this please? Also m,y TV box remote has dodgy buttons and needs replacing

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Quezzers

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with an email account, along with some problems with your TV remote. Can you clarify exactly what the error message is on the online account?

Regarding the remote, can you follow these steps to try and order a replacement? Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Quezzers
On our wavelength

Hi Zach, AS in my original post it started when my wife couldn't get her emails.( NTL world)I am the account holder for this vm account and set up several email accounts on it including hers. When I went to look at the account to see if I could find out what had happened I found a message that appeared to be from VM telling me my contract had ended and I needed to renew by clicking a button. I was not sure if this was genuine although it appeared to be so. So I wasn't prepared to click until I knew for sure.. I am still getting my emails  but seem to have lost the notification  one about my account ending.. MY VM land line and TV seem to be working  so how can my account have ended? Who do I need to contact about this please

Frank

Quezzers
On our wavelength

HI Zach latest news on my problem is that I have now managed to log in to my account and the renew your account message is showing there. I have also just received an email from VM telling me that my email may be compromised and one or more of my email boxes has been locked.

Frank

Hi Frank,

This sounds like it's a contract renewal email. It doesn't mean the account has been closed, just that your current deal has come to an end. 

In regards to the email, can you try this-

• Sign in to My Virgin Media

• Go to Account settings, then Account details

• Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail

• Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password

• Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked

• Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Alex_Rm

Quezzers
On our wavelength

HI Alex I renewed my contract yesterday but when I log in to MyVM it still tells me that my contract has expired. Also I spent an hour on the phone to customer services this morning (very difficult for me as I have hearing difficulties and cannot cope with accented English) I did eventually manage to ( I think) sort out that the person I spoke to had reset the password to my wifes email and it would be working in half an hour well 2 hours later she still can not log in to her email. We normally get emails using windows live mail although occasionally some don't seem to download to it although they appear in my VM webmail.. My wife's email is one of 5 extra mailboxes that I have on my main account  she is not getting emails and can not log in.  I understand your instructions but what is this VM Mail app? I can log into my VM web mail ok and my email is working  I don't have any other mail app what does it mean? 

Hi @Quezzers 👋.

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having, we can certainly help you clear up a few of the questions you have. We would need to bring you into a private message to discuss. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi and thanks for getting back to me I am on Windows 10 using MS edge Nothing that looks like an envelope top right of this windows as yet

Quezzers
On our wavelength

OK found it will reply now

Frank