cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help mis sold contract

Kevsayers
Joining in

I purchased ultimate volt.  Advertised price £85 a month £60 virgin media and £25 O2 sim.  My first bill was £272 and monthly direct debit was £136 a month.  Advised the selling agent that the prices were wrong at the time and he confirmed the prices and said everything would be alright when the first bill came in.  When I phoned up they changed my package to rectify and added discounts ect but amounts were still wrong and I was missing Netflix which went on hold and possible other channels.  After hours of phone calls and messages the package and the prices are still wrong.  They want to charge pro rata charges on the first contract as well.  I’ve cancelled the direct debit as this was £194 for my first payment a month after install.  Can anyone help

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you now outside of your 14 day cooling off period?

Beware of cancelling a VM direct debit it could very well launch VM's debt collection processes (which is the one part of the business that works effectively). There are countless past topics on the forum where a cancelled VM direct debit has resulted in a trashed credit history and contact from debt collectors.

Yes outside of my 14 day cooling off period.  
If it hadn’t been £74 over what I was expecting I would have left it but even after calling for hours they still didn’t correct.  Said someone would call me back.  

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kevsayers 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any billing issues. 

I'll happily send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill