Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help i have been hacked account taken over

In January my virgin media email address was hacked and they accessed my account and used email address to get in to my PayPal and EBay accounts stealing money

eventually virgin deleted t he corrupt email address but now I can't access my account online or via phone as all I get is what is first letter of password etc I dont know as hackers changed it

i have written to complaint department twice phoned numerous times tried web chat and get nowhere as I no longer have my password and the registered email doesn't exist

I cancelled direct debit thinking virgin would contact me but nothing now I can't pay my bills online or by phone as I don't have password help help he lp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help i have been hacked account taken over

Hello

Cancelling direct debit is not the way to go, yes you may receive a call from the collections team who are not technical, VM will also place a non payment on your credit file and potentially hand the debit over to the debit collectors.

If you hang on a VM staff member will pick up the post and help you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you should be able to get help without your password - if the phone system is asking you for it then just enter anything a couple of times and it will then give up and put you through - explain to whoever you speak to you do not have your password - they should be able to ask you other questions to verify you are the account holder - that assumes the hacker has not changed other security questions or account details

start here

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carole69,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are unable to access you bills online due to being hacked in January, I will be more than happy to try to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos