Menu
katrina222
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help from anyone very much appreciated ending contract but being sent a new one

Can anyone help please,

I am currently out of contract and phoned virgin media today to be told only new 18 month contracts could be issued, I pointed out that my home (privately owned) was up for demolition in 12 months time (probable via letter) I was talked into an 18 month contract at £30 per month which when the email arrived turned out to be £50 pounds per month? why would I want to pay £50 for a service that was 28/29 pounds? anyway distance selling regulations means I have a 14 day cooling off period

I then filled in an online complaints form c1901213021 which suggests has a reply time of 28 days

by which time i will have been in the contract that i had already tried to cancel which for the record as I am taking a snapshot of this is January 19 at 18:33 I have spoken with virgin media by telephone to further add to my request to cancel under the distance selling regulations the telephone call was ended around 15:59 hours to which my cancellation of services or contracts pending would cease. can a virgin media operative please confirm my telephone conversation and my conversation to exercise my right to cancel without penalty in the due allotted time frame

kindest regards

Gail S

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help from anyone very much appreciated ending contract but being sent a new one

Hi Katrina222, 

Really sorry there has been some issues with your deal, this isn't good. 

I've had a look into the back end of things and can see that since posting you have been able to speak to the team about this since posting. 

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
katrina222
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help from anyone very much appreciated ending contract but being sent a new one

Hi Emma,

Thank you so much for coming back to me, and yes all issues have now been resolved

but i appreciate your reply to me

thank you once again

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know Katrina222.

Please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos