cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Suddenly Unable to Log In and Email Unrecognised

MForde
Tuning in

Hi all, I'm currently exasperated. I've had an account with Virgin for years yet it is now suddenly not recognising my password, nor my email (despite all my bills going to the same email address) and the chat bot just keeps asking me to log in no matter what I tell it. I have no idea what to do but it's pretty infurating. Can anyone please advise?

I need to accept an account deal and can't even get past the first hurdle. Many thanks for any help!

8 REPLIES 8

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MForde, thanks for joining our help forums and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this email issue, we'd love to best help with that.

Can you please advise if you're using the email you registered with VM first time?
If so, can you tell us what error you get when trying to sign in using this email and following the ''forgot my password'' option instead on using a password to log on?

Do try this and let us know how you get on, also let us know if you've managed to reset the password and if you need more help from there.

Happy to advise.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks so much, Adri!

Yes, I am using the same email address and it is the one to which my Virgin bills are sent each month. Attempting to sign in, I get this message: "Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email."

If I attempt to change my password, I am denied and I get this message: "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media."

If I attempt to change my email address I am also denied as, upon supplying my name, the account number and the area code, it tells me: "We haven't been able to find your details with the information you have provided."

So, I am rather out of options, I am afraid!

Thanks for coming back to us MForde, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

MForde
Tuning in

Thanks very much!

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me MForde, it seems that everything is working in the background but isn't showing up on the system.

I have tried to re-register your account but have been unable to do that, so I have passed this onto our IT support team to investigate further. I will be in touch once the team comes back to me with any further updates.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

MForde
Tuning in

Thanks!

Matt

MForde
Tuning in

So, it's been around 3 weeks and this problem still hasn't been resolved. I literally have a Virgin deal waiting for me to sign and I can't because you can't even get an account login right. Come on Virgin, I want to stay with you!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello MForde, 

We are very sorry for the delay in getting this matter resolved. 

We would recommend reaching out to my colleague via private message for an update on your issue.

Thanks,

Nat