Menu
Graham2021
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help! I need to cancel my contract

I need to cancel my contract as I am moving abroad in 2 weeks.

I tried the online message service but i got no response after 1.5 hours. I called the 0345 helpline on my mobile but got cut off after 50 minutes while still waiting to get to the accounts department, because it used up all £20 left of my credit. I can't phone 150 because the line to my flat is broken (again). 
refuse to pay more in phone credit to do what should be a simple task of cancelling the contract - why isn't there an online method to do that without having to talk to someone?

So what can I do? I'm not calling again at those prices. I will cancel my direct debit, and write a letter to the complaints department, but if Virgin want their TiVo and their router back they should get in touch with me. If they don't, I'll drop it off outside the nearest Virgin store when I leave. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! I need to cancel my contract

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, Graham2021,

Apologies for the delayed response, have you been able to get this sorted since your post? We are also able to process you cancel request by post at by post Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Graham2021
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the response. 

I was eventually able to get the cancellation done via SMS using this number: +44 7533 051809. I did also send a letter but the SMS method worked out first.

I think it would be helpful to Virgin Media customers if these methods were clear options on the website rather than directing everyone to the clearly overwhelmed/under-staffed telephone system.

I understand that VM is a business trying to make a profit and so they wish to try and talk people out of leaving. But honestly, a better approach is openness, good value for money and properly staffing your support channels. Then people will only leave when they have to, not from choice.

Cheers,

Graham

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, Graham,

Glad to hear you were able to get things sorted. We appreciate your feedback and will always be looking for ways to improve or service.. Apologies again.

Cheers,

Corey C.

0 Kudos