Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Help! End of Contract and moving abroad

Hello everyone.

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to contact Virgin Media customer service for a while now.

Next month I will move abroad and I need to cancel my contract. Nobody in the Message Us chat answered my requests and on the phone, I just spent hours waiting on the line just to have the call ended abruptly. 

I really need to cancel the contract, leave the equipment and leave the home soon. 

Can please anybody advises on the best course of action? 

I don't really know what to do now, other than contacting a lawyer. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! End of Contract and moving abroad

Hi,

Sorry I dont have an answer for you but I just wanted to say I have had the same issues for 3/4 weeks now with Virgin Media.

All forms of contact with them unsuccessful and unanswered  (Call centres, live chat longest one open for 10+ hours, text message, 2 online complaints) so I have now submitted an offical complaint to CISAS as I think its disgraceful to put so many barriers up for customers over such a simple matter.

Seems very underhanded and manipulative from customers point of view.

I hope somebody can help you with your issue and I will be following with interest!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jafanello,

I'm sorry you've been unable to get through to our Retentions Team to cancel your contract and for the frustration caused. I'll get this fed back to our Support Team to check if there is a problem with our Call Routing system. Unfortunately we're unable to cancel accounts on here  and appreciate you've tried already but please try again on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or text our Retentions Team on 0753 305 1809. The replies are not instant as they look at each text when received but they will get back to you. Also the best time to call us are weekdays and early in the morning between 8am and 11am during our less busy periods.

Thanks,

Lisa

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

Not my post but from my own personal experience the past 3/4 weeks call centres and text message services are unsuccessful.

When calling call centres and following the options to cancellations/retentions customers are informed call centres for this section are now shut and to go on live chat to cancel.

Again, live chats unanswered and the same with text message service.

I have opened 5 live chats all lasting between 2-10 hours giving my request and account number, this was 3 weeks ago and all unanswered (I have evidence of all this)

Same applies to the text message service.

Please can Virgin Media just give customers a simple answer to how to cancel our contracts?

As stated above call centres are not taking calls for this as per the pre recorded message on both your customer service numbers.

Live Chat and Text message Services just as unreliable.

I would encourage everyone having the same issues to keep evidence of their communications and open an official complaint through Ofcom/CISAS as this is simply unacceptable for so many customers.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The call centres are still open and taking calls - it's best at 8am as then when it's least busy.

To cancel there are the following options:-

1) You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

2) You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

3) Write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
The Call centres may  be open for SOME SERVICES  but are redirecting customers who want to cancel contracts to live chat as per my very long reply above!

So it would seem the only way is to write by post? Which will then take even longer for customers to put in out 30 days notice, resulting in more payments to Virgin Media and then even after all that what happens if Virgin Media claim no letter was received? 

Seems like we are going around in circles 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Lisa, please could you put me in contact with somebody that can help me with this issue?

I also tried the text service yesterday. I received a message saying: 

"Good Afternoon
Apologies for the wait time you have experienced, we value your time and I will be glad to help you further with your query.
Just a reminder that replies from this service are not immediate, allowing you to get on with your day"

Then replied to it immediately asking if they needed any further information. No reply. Waited 24 hours, sent another message. No reply. Sent another message tonight. No reply. 

Do I really need to send cancellation through post? in the 21st century? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Problem solved. I managed to get on the line with customer service by calling early in the morning.

Thanks a lot for the help. 

To everyone who has the same problem try calling in the morning. After a few attempts it works! 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you for the advice to ring at 8 Am, after 3/4 weeks of trying rang today at 8 and finally got it sorted too 

0 Kudos